title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madonna (General)

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Madonna (General)

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    I have browsed through other topics in this forum, over the past months, and came across subjects that were absolutely not related to: "the use of Illustrate software and related problems which arise when using the software" in any way whatsoever. For example, whether or not the UK should conform to Brexit, and ones opinion towards the preference of using CD cases against wallets.
    And your point is what, exactly?

I still stand by my comment, however, that does not mean I am right or wrong, just my opinion.

dBpoweramp Guru

I was not aware of how this forum is run. To be honest, I never really gave it any thought (nor is it something that particularly interested me). I mean, I joined here and then just started asking questions - without any real consideration towards what might go on behind the scenes.

In the event that I have posted a question that may be placed in the wrong thread, then I am 99% sure I have always added a footnote encouraging Moderators to relocate the posting to more appropriate section.
    There are no moderators here. That's the point. We moderate ourselves by being careful about unnecessary threads, being too repetitive for things that are already well covered, etc. The fact that a few stray posts make it in about Brexit is just the nature of the beast. But those things are frowned upon, not encouraged.
    Last edited by garym; 01-26-2018 at 01:45 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Also, to the extent you want to post on an artist's catalog, recording techniques, locations, mastering, which is best version of an album, and all that sort of thing, I would highly recommend the Steve Hoffman forums. That sort of discussion is welcome there and lots of interesting people post there (including some of the people that actually mastered the record you're interested in). I read and post there quite a bit myself on these kind of questions.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/forums/music-corner.2/

For example, there are lots of threads on Madonna albums, including this 89 page thread:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...thread.638359/
    Last edited by garym; 01-26-2018 at 01:48 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Also, to the extent you want to post on an artist's catalog, recording techniques, locations, mastering, which is best version of an album, and all that sort of thing, I would highly recommend the Steve Hoffman forums. That sort of discussion is welcome there and lots of interesting people post there (including some of the people that actually mastered the record you're interested in). I read and post there quite a bit myself on these kind of questions.
    I actually joined the SH Forum a few months back. I was scouring the internet for information on some obscure Charlie Parker and Miles Davis recordings. One guy was particularly helpful and also shared with me this link (of which you/others may or may not find useful):

The SH site appears quite friendly, but the traffic seemed rather busy; and so posts would descend lower and lower quite quickly (and become forgotten about [unless you bumped them - which was probably not allowed!]).

Thanks for the link. I had not read the Madonna thread. There's possibly a whole lifetimes read there!
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 01-26-2018 at 06:20 PM. Reason: LINK

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Paul,

If I knew the answers to the questions then I would not be asking them. There may be the occasion when, inadvertently, a question gets asked twice. I am not the only person guilty of this because I have seen this happen with other members who are similarly ripping their collection for the for the first time.
    I'm not talking about questions regarding the software and the use of the software. I'm talking about questions like "What style is artist xyz?" or "Is the artist name x y & z or y & z, x?". If we move to that kind and level of questions, we will - as I said - lose the focus. Actually my impression is that every problem with the software and the use of software is recognized by Spoon or one or more helpful members and that those problems can be solved very efficient. I see the danger that those real problems get lost in the shuffle.

You imply that I have either done so already, or that I am bordering on abusing other members hospitality.
    To be true: the moments increase I feel nerved by those questions (and even repeated questions although it has been asked only a few days ago). This is no accusation against you (only).

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    I'm not talking about questions regarding the software and the use of the software. I'm talking about questions like "What style is artist xyz?" or "Is the artist name x y & z or y & z, x?". If we move to that kind and level of questions, we will - as I said - lose the focus. Actually my impression is that every problem with the software and the use of software is recognized by Spoon or one or more helpful members and that those problems can be solved very efficient. I see the danger that those real problems get lost in the shuffle.

To be true: the moments increase I feel nerved by those questions (and even repeated questions although it has been asked only a few days ago). This is no accusation against you (only).
    Dat Ei,

Well, as advised by Gary (I think it was?) last year, I mostly use Google to search for topics/questions on this forum. I find it can often be a quicker method.

I have noticed that technical issues are resolved by Spoon almost immediately. And he did so for me when I first joined.

At some point, the same questions are bound to crop up again and under another guise. It happens on every forum (or least the ones I have frequented over the past decade).

This is only a mere suggestion, and something I thought about this morning (due to the comments in this thread), but maybe Spoon might add a 'Chill Out Room' section; should he feel it worthwhile?

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 01-27-2018 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling