title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to Rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryan Parle
    • Jan 2018

Re: Unable to Rip

Apart from the windows disc detection asking what I want to do when the disc is inserted nothing else launches. the only "cd related" software running is Power ISO virtual drive manager.

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Ryan Parle
      Apart from the windows disc detection asking what I want to do when the disc is inserted nothing else launches.
      And you quit that dialog?

the only "cd related" software running is Power ISO virtual drive manager.
      Can you disable / quit that software? Any difference?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Ryan Parle
        • Jan 2018

No, it would need to be un-installed, it simply allows me to mount a CD image and have a virtual drive. trust me this is not the problem, I have it running on all of my PC's including my laptop which is now happy ripping through my pile of CD's

after installing the DB Poweramp trial on the laptop i noticed that the interface looks different to my desktop, i now wonder if the update actually worked properly. maybe i've still got R14 installed. only problem in removing it is that i cannot find the uninstaller, can anyone point me to its location? windows "Add & Remove Programs" tells me that the un installer is missing.

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

No, it would need to be un-installed, it simply allows me to mount a CD image and have a virtual drive. trust me this is not the problem, I have it running on all of my PC's including my laptop which is now happy ripping through my pile of CD's
          Ok, it was just a attempt to get closer to the cause of the problems.

after installing the DB Poweramp trial on the laptop i noticed that the interface looks different to my desktop, i now wonder if the update actually worked properly. maybe i've still got R14 installed. only problem in removing it is that i cannot find the uninstaller, can anyone point me to its location? windows "Add & Remove Programs" tells me that the un installer is missing.
          I see "dBpoweramp" in the "Apps & Features" section of Win 10. There I can start the uninstall.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Ryan Parle
            • Jan 2018

Apps & Features / Add Remove Programs are the same thing. I get the error message "Windows cannot find 'c:\Windows\system32\SpoonUninstaller.exe'. Make sure that you typed the name correctly and try again"

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Run this:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>