title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updating to Latest Version

Updating to Latest Version

Spoon,
    I have ver 5.1 premium QNAP and wish to update to the latest version 6.0. When I go to do so I am not offered the chance to save the file in either Windows /or Google browsers. Is there a way I can update my version? Second, should I delete the app from QNAP before installing the newest version? Thanks in advance.
    Alan

Administrator

Re: Updating to Latest Version

I have tried in chrome (latest), MS edge (latest) and firefox (latest) and all offer to save the file when click 'download'. Perhaps you have security settings too high in the browsers, or have a 3rd party download manager jumping in.

Spoon,
    Thank you for your assistance. I was able to update Chrome and therefore Asset. However, Asset is the trial version and not the premium version. I thought that I had update status having bought the premium version? If that is correct, how do I bypass the trial version status?
    Alan

Spoon,
    Please ignore the above post as I found my purchase email with the upgrade path provided. I successfully installed ver 6.0 premium, after deleting the prior version, restarted my QNAP and attempted to rescan my library. However the rescan is not working, with songs and albums remaining at zero. I repeated the process from scratch without success. Please advise.
    Alan

Super Moderator

For reference-
    There's no need to uninstall old before installing new.
    The parts of old configuration that can be reused will be reused, everything else will be recreated fresh.
    If you run into issues as a result of upgrading instead of performing an uninstall cycle, please do tell us.

Peter,
    I have run into issues as described in my last post. The rescan is not capturing my library on the NAS. I have checked the path, re-copied the path but to no success. There is no progress report for the songs or albums shown when a rescan is running. I have shut done and re-started my pc as mentioned in another members post but with no change. I am seeking further suggestions.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Agavin52 View Post
    Peter,
    I have run into issues as described in my last post. The rescan is not capturing my library on the NAS. I have checked the path, re-copied the path but to no success. There is no progress report for the songs or albums shown when a rescan is running. I have shut done and re-started my pc as mentioned in another members post but with no change. I am seeking further suggestions.
    Make sure the path ends in "/" and has no return character at the end.

Timster67,
    Followed your suggestion and my library was populated to the Asset software. However albums, for artists, with multiple albums, the tracks are listed in one large list and not associated to the separate album. In the album section the tracks are not in sequence but rather jumbled! What on earth is happening?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Have you waited for Asset to finish scanning?
    And have you looked at the Linux/QNAP manual here: https://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-linuxmanual.htm

Yes, I did give plenty of time to finish scanning. I even did a restart Asset, a 2nd full scan and a complete shut down of my system to be thorough. However, at no time was there a running "progress report" of songs or albums showing, which was not an issue with version 5.1. I have no issues with tagging, as again, this was not an issue with my prior setup. Now, perhaps the fact that I deleted ver. 5.1 prior to installing ver. 6 has created these issues, but that strikes me as improbable given the progress of development. Yes, to your second point about reading the manual. I find the manual geared to those with a higher comprehension of programming language as opposed to the average user having to utilize software and user interfaces because the hardware purchased uses certain programs for functionality, i.e. Simaudio Moon 180 streamer.

I appreciate your attempts to assist on these issues, but the function issues are getting in the way of enjoying just listening to music.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes, I did give plenty of time to finish scanning. I even did a restart Asset, a 2nd full scan and a complete shut down of my system to be thorough. However, at no time was there a running "progress report" of songs or albums showing, which was not an issue with version 5.1. I have no issues with tagging, as again, this was not an issue with my prior setup. Now, perhaps the fact that I deleted ver. 5.1 prior to installing ver. 6 has created these issues, but that strikes me as improbable given the progress of development. Yes, to your second point about reading the manual. I find the manual geared to those with a higher comprehension of programming language as opposed to the average user having to utilize software and user interfaces because the hardware purchased uses certain programs for functionality, i.e. Simaudio Moon 180 streamer.

I appreciate your attempts to assist on these issues, but the function issues are getting in the way of enjoying just listening to music.
    I understand the frustration. If it helps, here's my configuration. If it's any different to yours, try it and see if it's any better:
    Asset general settings.jpg

Sir,
    Thank you for your assistance, however our set-up's were very similar. In the interest of improving my issues I incorporated the 2 differences that existed. Unfortunately it did not change the issues, with the exception that my alphabetical directories no long show empty when entered. My re-scan did not show progress and even though my library is there, it does not register when in Asset. Are you part of the software support team? If not. I wonder why I am not receiving support/input from them!

Again thank you for your suggestions.

dBpoweramp Guru

I wonder why I am not receiving support/input from them!
    Spoon and PeterP tried to help you in this thread already and I'm sure, they will come back to you.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Sir,
    Thank you for your assistance, however our set-up's were very similar. In the interest of improving my issues I incorporated the 2 differences that existed. Unfortunately it did not change the issues, with the exception that my alphabetical directories no long show empty when entered. My re-scan did not show progress and even though my library is there, it does not register when in Asset. Are you part of the software support team? If not. I wonder why I am not receiving support/input from them!

Again thank you for your suggestions.
    No, I'm just a user who happens to have the same software on the same NAS.
    I can only guess what may be going on, but at least you have now got it installed and scanning your library. The symptoms do tend to look like a tagging issue, but seeing as you said it worked with Asset 5 makes it a bit of a puzzler.
    The support team will probably want to know some details. An example album that isn't showing correctly and what tags the tracks have.

Super Moderator

Please follow these steps:
    • Go to Asset settings, enable debug logging, apply
    • In main Asset page, click "rescan all", wait
    • Go to settings again, "show library logs"
    • Save the library log, email to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis

Thanks.