title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Re-Name File Error when Ripping

Re-Name File Error when Ripping

Hello- encountering a file re-name error when ripping ("Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 1' to 'D:\music\Loreena McKennitt\The Book Of Secrets\Prologue.m4a'
    Error renaming 'D:\music\Loreena McKennitt\The Book Of Secrets\Prologue._' to 'D:\music\Loreena McKennitt\The Book Of Secrets\Prologue.m4a', check destination has enough free space and another program has not locked the file.") (using dbPoweramp Reference on WIN 10 laptop) directly to a Synology NAS folder. If I rip to a folder on local HDD, no problem/errors. Have mapped a drive t the NAS via Netdrive 3 and WebDAV (I cannot map the drive using Windows or the Synology Assistant app). The folders are created fine on the NAS. Appears dbPoweramp creates a temp file to rip the track to, then attempts to rename and apply the "m4a" extension (Apple Lossless)- that is where the error occurs. Any ideas?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Re-Name File Error when Ripping

Disable the use of temporary files (*. _).

Dat Ei

Re: Re-Name File Error when Ripping

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Disable the use of temporary files (*. _).

Dat Ei
    Thank you for the tip! I tried that, but still had a problem with a couple of tracks, so I changed the setting (Menu|CD Ripper Options) to rip to a temporary folder then copy the album to the NAS drive- worked without errors.

Thank you again.