title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Browse tree per sampling rate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gebla
    • Dec 2017

Browse tree per sampling rate

Is it possible to create a new browse tree by sampling rate? This would make it easier to find high definition flac files.

Its for Asset 6.1
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Browse tree per sampling rate

Originally posted by gebla
    Is it possible to create a new browse tree by sampling rate? This would make it easier to find high definition flac files.

Its for Asset 6.1
    Asset uses tags in most cases and there is no tag for sample rate, so currently I don't think it is possibe.

However, you could add a custom tag to your hi-res flac files e.g. HD and give it a value of 1. Then you can use the HD tag in your Browse Tree. I do something similar for my flac and mp3 files. So the principal is the same.

See this thread for more details: Multiple Libraries

Comment

• gebla
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by mville
      Asset uses tags in most cases and there is no tag for sample rate, so currently I don't think it is possibe.

However, you could add a custom tag to your hi-res flac files e.g. HD and give it a value of 1. Then you can use the HD tag in your Browse Tree. I do something similar for my flac and mp3 files. So the principal is the same.

See this thread for more details: Multiple Libraries
      Thanks and actually I am having a special tag assigned for this. However this is some manual action. It would be nice if this is supported without need for special tags

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by gebla
        Thanks and actually I am having a special tag assigned for this. However this is some manual action. It would be nice if this is supported without need for special tags
        The Asset UPnP software is customizable so this is a bonus, as often server/player software is not.

If you already have a custom tag, there is not much work involved to get this working for you.

Comment

• timster67
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2014

There is also the "Bits" index so you can browse all your 24-bit albums. This is the usual definition of HD, rather than sample rate.

Comment

Working...

]]>