title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Advanced settings - browse tree

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dtutt
    • Jul 2010

Advanced settings - browse tree

I really only want to browse by my own folder titles and files names within those folders. In the browse tree it is under Additional, then under Folders & Filename browsing. Is there a way to get that out of the Additional folder and by itself in the root so that is my only option?

Thanks
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Advanced settings - browse tree

Originally posted by dtutt
    I really only want to browse by my own folder titles and files names within those folders. In the browse tree it is under Additional, then under Folders & Filename browsing. Is there a way to get that out of the Additional folder and by itself in the root so that is my only option?
    Yes you can do this by editing your Browse Tree. Go to:
    Asset UPnP Configuration >> Edit Advanced Settings >> Browse Tree

Comment

• dtutt
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by mville
      Yes you can do this by editing your Browse Tree. Go to:
      Asset UPnP Configuration >> Edit Advanced Settings >> Browse Tree
      I can see that's where to do it but I don't know how. There aren't many options. For instance, how do I get a folder out of "Additional"?
      Thanks

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

I can see that's where to do it but I don't know how. There aren't many options. For instance, how do I get a folder out of "Additional"?
        Read Asset UPnP Help >> Browse Tree section.

Comment

• dtutt
          • Jul 2010

I'm really sorry - I'm not seeing it. I went to the help page but there is very little about the browse tree. Nowhere (that I can see) does it mention the difference between a blue folder and a yellow folder.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

I'm really sorry - I'm not seeing it. I went to the help page but there is very little about the browse tree. Nowhere (that I can see) does it mention the difference between a blue folder and a yellow folder.
            Asset UPnP Help >> Tailoring Asset: Configuration Options >> Browse Tree

If No Track Listing is ticked, the folder is blue, else it is yellow.

Comment

• dtutt
              • Jul 2010

Got it - one more thing. Is there a way to get the Folders & Filenames Browsing out of "Additonal" and get it to be the first folder under root? I tried to Add a container and typed that exactly but I obviously don't know what I'm doing because when I went to my tv it said no files where in there (but the file were still there under the identical title in the "Additional" folder).
              Again - serious newb regarding this server stuff (as you can see). I appreciate your patience with me - and your very quick replies.

Thanks

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

Is there a way to get the Folders & Filenames Browsing out of "Additonal" and get it to be the first folder under root? I tried to Add a container and typed that exactly but I obviously don't know what I'm doing because when I went to my tv it said no files where in there (but the file were still there under the identical title in the "Additional" folder).
                To remove an item from the Browse Tree, select it in the Browse Tree and click the Remove Selected button.

To add an item to the Browse Tree, select the level in the Browse Tree where you want the item to appear.

Then, click the Add New Container button, selecting one of the 3 options, Add Before..., Add After... or Add as Child of..., to position the container in the Browse Tree. So, for you, select the 1st container under Root and select the Add Before... option, to position your new container at the top of the Browse Tree.

Finally, select the option for this Container, from the Selected drop-down menu that you want e.g. Folders & Filename Browsing.
                Last edited by mville; 01-20-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• dtutt
                  • Jul 2010

I missed the drop-down box. Thanks, again, for your patience

Comment

Working...

]]>