title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Inconsistent tracks listing and numbering

Inconsistent tracks listing and numbering

I replaced my QNAP recently and am now using Asset and Kazoo for the first time, having used Twonky with Kinsky. I have used dBpoweramp throughout.

My collection seems to have copied across pretty well, although I now find the following:
    1. Tracks in the same recording which are repeated two or three times
    2. Track numbering in the same recording which remain at 1 throughout or bounce around in an inconsistent manner
    3. The same recording appearing two or three times separately in the library

I haven't reviewed the library in detail - I have some 1500 LPs - but the issue appears to be particular to:
    1. Double or triple albums
    2. Classical recordings
    3. The work of Duke Ellington

My hifi supplier recommended using the Rescanning All facility. The problem remains.

Your advice please.

Thank you

John

Administrator

Re: Inconsistent tracks listing and numbering

If tracks are repeated, then it is likely you have multiple versions of the same tracks, unless every track is repeated for your entire collection.

I would recommend trying the free version of PerfectTUNES, run the dedup program and point it to your NAS, it will find duplicate tracks.

Re: Inconsistent tracks listing and numbering

Thank you.

That's very helpful

John