title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

When ripping, 1st track ONLY rips 2 passes AND Re-Rips several frames. Why happening?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Theleb_Kaarna
    • Jan 2017

When ripping, 1st track ONLY rips 2 passes AND Re-Rips several frames. Why happening?

Greetings Spoon and Community!

Got this new LG External Blu-ray Burner: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-16x-...?skuId=5450155

I set-up everything according to "Spoon's Audio Guide". Per the title, for all CDs, whether found in the AccurateRip database or not, when ripping the 1st track ONLY (all other subsequent tracks rip normally) it always rips 2 passes ("Pass 1", then "Ultra Secure") AND then "Re-Rips [xx Frames]" (between 15-30 frames average) 100% of the time. I DO have "C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection" selected/ticked. Running the "Detect C2 Support" (testing with the black triangle drawn on a scratched CD) confirms my drive DOES support C2 Error Pointers. Also, I reached-out to LG Tech Support and they confirm my drive supports C2 Error Pointers. When running "Detect" for the "Drive Read Cache" with 4 unscratched CDs, the value assigned is consistently 75KB (from the default 1024KB). Leaving this value at 75KB (instead of the default 1024KB) GREATLY reduces the Re-Rip [xx frames] amount and time passed of any given 1st track, but it still consistently Re-Rips several frames. Only other thing I can think to note is my CD ROM Drive Sample Offset is +6. Any suggestions on where to go from here? Thanks Spoon (or anyone) in advance!!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: When ripping, 1st track ONLY rips 2 passes AND Re-Rips several frames. Why happen

Try the Drive spin up option, it sounds like the drive is not giving good data until it is at full speed.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Theleb_Kaarna
      • Jan 2017

Re: When ripping, 1st track ONLY rips 2 passes AND Re-Rips several frames. Why happen

Brilliant! Corrected the issue! Thanks Spoon! I'll set to the lowest spin-up time I can comfortably get away with.

One further question regarding this part of my original post: "When running "Detect" for the "Drive Read Cache" with 4 unscratched CDs, the value assigned is consistently 75KB (from the default 1024KB)". Should I leave this value set at 75KB, revert it back to the default 1024KB, or perhaps set it somewhere in between?

Thanks again!!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If there is not much re-rippnig going on, I would leave on 1024KB
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>