title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Replaygain Tag only in new files which do not have RPgain

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pommes
    • Oct 2017

Replaygain Tag only in new files which do not have RPgain

Hi,
    I have about 50,000 files on the nas, most of them already have the replay gain tag .
    Is there a way to only find the files not having the replay tag, and then tag them, without the need to tag all the files again?,
    Thank you
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Replaygain Tag only in new files which do not have RPgain

Originally posted by pommes
    Hi,
    I have about 50,000 files on the nas, most of them already have the replay gain tag .
    Is there a way to only find the files not having the replay tag, and then tag them, without the need to tag all the files again?,
    Thank you
    Load them up in mp3tag, create replaygain tag column, sort on that column.

Comment

• pommes
      • Oct 2017

The files are in multiple sub folders, how can DB poweramp then access these files once I sorted them with MP3tag?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

The files are in multiple sub folders, how can DB poweramp then access these files once I sorted them with MP3tag?
        Mp3tag doesn&*8217;t change the location of the files. It just allows you to sort all files on any tag column. Just open the top parent folder into mp3tag. It will make more sense when you try this and see how it looks. (Right click in column heading to add new column for replaygain with customize column. For album RG column value and field use
        %REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN%
        and for Tracyk RG column use
        %REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN%

Comment

• pommes
          • Oct 2017

i think i understand what you are saying: Sort in mp3tag by replay gain and then manually point dbpoweramp to the files missing the tag?
          with hundreds of folders and thousands of files this would take too long.
          I am on Mac os , so unfortunately i can not right click and convert to replay gain within mp3tag

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

i think i understand what you are saying: Sort in mp3tag by replay gain and then manually point dbpoweramp to the files missing the tag?
            with hundreds of folders and thousands of files this would take too long.
            I am on Mac os , so unfortunately i can not right click and convert to replay gain within mp3tag

With windows machine I could locate the files with mp3tag, then use foobar2000 or dbpa batch converter to add the RG tags. This would require only a few mouse clicks then let it run for a few hours. All done and easy. But those tools do not work in Mac.

The easist thing to do would be to select your parent directory in dbpa batch converter, then run the replaygain utility codec in the batch conversion. Set to do this by album tag info the settings. A few clicks and come back a few hours later and all files will have RG values. Yes you are redoing some files but that is no big deal.

Comment

• pommes
              • Oct 2017

Thanks, the last time i did this it took 3 days for all files. it would be ok once, but my workflow adds new files without replay gain tag all the time( iTunes downloads the files to the media folder on nas, unfortunately iTunes match deletes the regain flag).
              I will tag all files now, and after that i will try to use mac finder to search for files added after specific date ( new iTunes match downloads) and then right click convert them within finder.
              I have a bootcamp partition, so i will also try windows: So is it possible to run foobar replay gain tagging within mp3tag? Or how does foobar locate the files with mp3tag?
              Thank you

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

So is it possible to run foobar replay gain tagging within mp3tag? Or how does foobar locate the files with mp3tag?
                Thank you
                Within mp3tag I set up foobar2000 as an external tool. After selecting the files in mp3tag i right click, select tools, then select foobar2000. This opens those selected files in foobar2000. They are already highlighted so all I do in foobar is right click, select utilities (or some name like that) then replay gain utility, then run. You need to install the replaygain component first in foobar2000.

Comment

• pommes
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by garym
                  Within mp3tag I set up foobar2000 as an external tool. After selecting the files in mp3tag i right click, select tools, then select foobar2000. This opens those selected files in foobar2000. They are already highlighted so all I do in foobar is right click, select utilities (or some name like that) then replay gain utility, then run. You need to install the replaygain component first in foobar2000.
                  Perfect, that sounds like the way to go! Thanks a lot!

Comment

• pommes
                    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by garym
                    Gary, thank you, you gave me the right hints to please my needs.
                    I created costume columns for track and album gain in foobar, and added the NAS music folders to foobar library. I created a playlist showing all music with the NASmusic path.
                    This way I do not need to run mp3tag, foobar automatically adds new music to my playlist.Only one small issue: I created all my replay tags with dbpoweramp setting – 18 dB lufs.
                    When doing replay gain with foobar, the album gain is exact the same, but some trackgains differ by up to 2 db.
                    No big issue, but how comes?

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Gary, thank you, you gave me the right hints to please my needs.
                      I created costume columns for track and album gain in foobar, and added the NAS music folders to foobar library. I created a playlist showing all music with the NASmusic path.
                      This way I do not need to run mp3tag, foobar automatically adds new music to my playlist.Only one small issue: I created all my replay tags with dbpoweramp setting &*8211; 18 dB lufs.
                      When doing replay gain with foobar, the album gain is exact the same, but some trackgains differ by up to 2 db.
                      No big issue, but how comes?
                      not sure why. But both dbpa and foobar2000 default to -18 dB LUFS for replaygain analysis. However, a year or two ago dbpa defaulted to LUFS -23.

Comment

Working...

]]>