title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp - strange goings on with CD ripping - Help!

Re: dBpoweramp - strange goings on with CD ripping - Help!

While I'm here, different question. How can I burn a CD from my NAS library using dBpoweramp software to play in the car? This was easy with iTunes, does dBpoweramp have a feature that allows me to burn CDs for playback in regular CD players in regular CD format that all regular CD players understand?

Administrator

Try getting another drive (of different make). Often the apple drives are rebranded drives, not all drives are equal, purchase a $30 usb drive that is not an apple drive.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MrWriter View Post
    While I'm here, different question. How can I burn a CD from my NAS library using dBpoweramp software to play in the car? This was easy with iTunes, does dBpoweramp have a feature that allows me to burn CDs for playback in regular CD players in regular CD format that all regular CD players understand?
    No. But there are lots of free CD burner software. Google it. I think NERO is popular.

dBpoweramp Guru

Done that, drive is fine.
    More detail please. What happened when you reripped cd? Did the CRCs match prior rip? Same accuraterip info? Or some type of error.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try getting another drive (of different make). Often the apple drives are rebranded drives, not all drives are equal, purchase a $30 usb drive that is not an apple drive.
    Did that, two drives, same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    More detail please. What happened when you reripped cd? Did the CRCs match prior rip? Same accuraterip info? Or some type of error.
    Just takes an age. After about 90 minutes and five very slow track imports it just ejects the CDs with errors saying could not import.

dBpoweramp Guru

Just takes an age. After about 90 minutes and five very slow track imports it just ejects the CDs with errors saying could not import.
    When ejecting, please can you post a screenshot of the exact error?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    When ejecting, please can you post a screenshot of the exact error?
    And the ripping log as well.

I just tried importing Tom Waits 'The Early Years Vol. 2'. Same story. Took nearly an hour to import just track one, then spat out the CD and showed errors. See picture attached.1.jpg

All these CDs are new with no marks on the and it is too much of a coincidence that I have about 100 CDs left (from the 1000 I already imported) that are all doing this.

dBpoweramp Guru

I cant recall, but is -use C2 errors- ticked in your secure ripping settings. If so, try ripping with this unticked.

I cant recall, but is -use C2 errors- ticked in your secure ripping settings. If so, try ripping with this unticked.
    Tried both ticked and unticked, makes no difference.

I'm still looking for recommendation for software that allows me to copy my .wav files and burn them to regular audio CD for playing in domestic CD players.

Somebody on here recommended Nero Burning, but that's Windoze only, I need for Mac, any suggestions?

dBpoweramp Guru

I'm still looking for recommendation for software that allows me to copy my .wav files and burn them to regular audio CD for playing in domestic CD players.

Somebody on here recommended Nero Burning, but that's Windoze only, I need for Mac, any suggestions?
    the few times I&*8217;ve burned an audio CD from digital files, I&*8217;ve just used iTunes. Worked fine.

the few times I&*8217;ve burned an audio CD from digital files, I&*8217;ve just used iTunes. Worked fine.
    Itunes won't import .wav files from my NAS that I imported in wav format with dBpoweramp though, so iTunes is not an option.

dBpoweramp Guru

Itunes won't import .wav files from my NAS that I imported in wav format with dBpoweramp though, so iTunes is not an option.
    Odd. iTunes has imported wav files for me in the past. Maybe it doesnt any more. It adds a step, but you could convert the files you want to burn to ALAC. Then import those.

google - burn audio cd Mac
    this produced lots of recommendations.