title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp - strange goings on with CD ripping - Help!

dBpoweramp - strange goings on with CD ripping - Help!

I've successfully imported about 850 of my 1000 CDs, however, the remaining 150 or so won't import.

CDs just keep having errors and CD ejects with loads of issues.

Like I said, I've ripped over 800 with no problem, just about 150 or so that won't rip.

Is it to do with some sort of piracy encryption that these particular CDs have perhaps?

All the CDs are brand new with not even a fingerprint on them, I really look after my CDs.

I am using a brand new iMac with latest os and latest dBpoweramp and an external USB Apple CD drive. However, I bought a different make/model CD drive off Amazon to see if that was the problem, it isn't, both different CD drives do the same thing.

Could it be a dBpoweramp setting? not sure it is though as I've imported about 90 percent of my CDs just fine.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: dBpoweramp - strange goings on with CD ripping - Help!

Any error messages?

Dat Ei

With a regular rock/pop CD that has an average of 12 to 12 tracks. What happens is dBpoweramp takes an age with ripping just the first track. It takes about 5 minutes just to get 25% of the way through the first track, then about another 10 minutes to get to the end of first track, which results in 'Inaccurate (54). Next track, same situation, second track takes 10 minutes and results with 'Inaccurate (55), then the same thing. The CD I'm importing at the moment is Morcheeba 'The Platinum Collection' and it's about an hour long with 14 tracks. It is 72% way through track 4 and has taken 70 minutes to get that far. First 3 tracks were 54, 55 and 54 Inaccurate. Still going. Takes about 20 to 35 minutes per track. Absolute age.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MrWriter View Post
    CDs just keep having errors
    Are these errors Inaccurate, as described in your latest post?

Inaccurate rips can often take a long time to complete and is normal (see your Secure setting options and check the website help pages for more info).

CD ejects with loads of issues.
    Please can you be more specific? CD ejects with loads of issues tells us nothing that can help us to help you.

Is it to do with some sort of piracy encryption that these particular CDs have perhaps?
    Copy Protected audio CDs will have a Copy Control logo, somewhere on the artwork/packaging.

All the CDs are brand new with not even a fingerprint on them, I really look after my CDs.
    Audio CDs can also have non-visible manufacturing errors.

I've imported about 90 percent of my CDs just fine.
    Are the successful rips, AccurateRips?

dBpoweramp Guru

Did you change the C2 pointer option?

Dat Ei

After 2-hours on that single CD it took an age to import just the first 5 tracks (About 90 minutes) then it ejected the CD with: Error converting FLAC, 'Track 6' to.....

So I waited nearly two hours only for it to import just 5 songs before chucking the CD out and giving up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Did you change the C2 pointer option?

Dat Ei

What's that and how do I do it?

dBpoweramp Guru

Try to uncheck

Menu -> CD Ripper Options -> Secure Settings -> C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection

if it is checked.

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Try to uncheck

Menu -> CD Ripper Options -> Secure Settings -> C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection

if it is checked.

Dat Ei
    Checked those settings and both boxes are unchecked.

dBpoweramp Guru

Can you try and re-rip the Morcheeba - The Platinum Collection CD, with the C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection option ticked and post the outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Can you try and re-rip the Morcheeba - The Platinum Collection CD, with the C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection option ticked and post the outcome?
    OUtcome same as before. Takes 25 minutes per track hence about 4 hours for the CD, can't wait that long. Imported first track in 35 minutes with Inaccurate (54), basically the same thing.

Administrator

Try re-ripping a CD which has ripped fine in the past, is it fast or slow at ripping?

To me it sounds like your CD drive is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try re-ripping a CD which has ripped fine in the past, is it fast or slow at ripping?

To me it sounds like your CD drive is broken.
    No, I own over 1,000 CDs and I've ripped over 800 of them, all in under 3 minutes each. CD drive is fine.

dBpoweramp Guru

No, I own over 1,000 CDs and I've ripped over 800 of them, all in under 3 minutes each. CD drive is fine.
    Thats good, but try reripping a CD that previously worked, as a test. Secure ripping puts a lot of stress on drives.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Thats good, but try reripping a CD that previously worked, as a test. Secure ripping puts a lot of stress on drives.
    Done that, drive is fine.