title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: First rip: two tracks show 1) XAR(2) Secure and 2) AR(2) X Insecure. Do I re-rip?

First rip: two tracks show 1) XAR(2) Secure and 2) AR(2) X Insecure. Do I re-rip?

Hi, have just ripped Flac lossless secure and while first 12 tracks are all Accurate, I am getting two warnings on the last two tracks.

Both are AR (2) which I assume means few tracks to check against.
    - Track 13 has come out secure.
    - Track 14 as Insecure. It did 180 frames (What does that mean?)

What do you suggest i do? Leave? Or re-rip as insecure?
    Thanks
    See below....

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 13' to '.... FLAC Files (Lossless)\Various Artists\The Best of the Old Grey Whistle Test, Disc 2\13 Jackson Browne - Late for the Sky.flac'
    Track 13: Ripped LBA 226520 to 252065 (5:40) in 1:31. Filename: ..... Music\FLAC Files (Lossless)\Various Artists\The Best of the Old Grey Whistle Test, Disc 2\13 Jackson Browne - Late for the Sky._
    AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 2) Secure (Warning) [Pass 1 & 2, Re-Rip 4 Frames]
    CRC32: 535BFA6E AccurateRip CRC: 8F730BF7 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 014-001e52b6-014b2739-a20f3c0e-13]
    Audio File Passed Verification

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 14' to 'C:\...\Music\FLAC Files (Lossless)\Various Artists\The Best of the Old Grey Whistle Test, Disc 2\14 Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird.flac'
    Track 14: Ripped LBA 252065 to 292515 (8:59) in 44:43. Filename: C:\....... \Music\FLAC Files (Lossless)\Various Artists\The Best of the Old Grey Whistle Test, Disc 2\14 Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird._
    AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 2) Insecure [Pass 1 & 2, Re-Rip 180 Frames]
    CRC32: D828C757 AccurateRip CRC: 3D7096D6 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 014-001e52b6-014b2739-a20f3c0e-14]
    Audio File Passed Verification

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: First rip: two tracks show 1) XAR(2) Secure and 2) AR(2) X Insecure. Do I re-rip?

Track 13 is Secure, so has ripped without errors. However, the resulting digital audio (based on the CRC checksum) does not match with the AccurateRip database.

Track 14 is Insecure, which means it has ripped with errors.

You could try cleaning the disc and try ripping it again, or try ripping it in a different drive.

Re: First rip: two tracks show 1) XAR(2) Secure and 2) AR(2) X Insecure. Do I re-rip?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Track 13 is Secure, so has ripped without errors. However, the resulting digital audio (based on the CRC checksum) does not match with the AccurateRip database.

Track 14 is Insecure, which means it has ripped with errors.

You could try cleaning the disc and try ripping it again, or try ripping it in a different drive.
    Thanks for answering newbie questions.
    1) So having ripped through about 25 CDs last night. I am seeing something like this on 4-5Cds (8-10 tracks). Cleaning did not help. Does that mean that the track will still play. It is just that there are errors on it.

2) Also I bought the single windows version of dbpoweramp. To run on a different drive (a different PC) can I uninstall and reinstall it on a different PC?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Phil-xonline View Post
    1) So having ripped through about 25 CDs last night. I am seeing something like this on 4-5Cds (8-10 tracks). Cleaning did not help. Does that mean that the track will still play. It is just that there are errors on it.
    Try playing the track with the reported errors. Often ripping errors are not audible.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil-xonline View Post
    2) Also I bought the single windows version of dbpoweramp. To run on a different drive (a different PC) can I uninstall and reinstall it on a different PC?
    Yes.

Thanks - am getting a grip on this software now (I think )