title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inconsistent result from 'New Albums' and from searching...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Inconsistent result from 'New Albums' and from searching...

Hi

I just purchased "Singles", an album by Future Islands. I ripped it and it appears under 'New Albums', but when I then select it, the tracks are mixed in with tracks from two other albums called 'Singles' - one from Alison Moyet and the other from The Smiths.

Secondly, if I, instead, perform a search for 'Singles', it throws up all albums with the word 'Singles' somewhere in the title, but in amongst the results there's no sign of either Future Islands or The Smiths.

Tagging appears ok (although I could be going blind for looking).

Any thoughts?

Mick

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Inconsistent result from 'New Albums' and from searching...

Quote Originally Posted by mickc View Post
    I just purchased "Singles", an album by Future Islands. I ripped it and it appears under 'New Albums', but when I then select it, the tracks are mixed in with tracks from two other albums called 'Singles' - one from Alison Moyet and the other from The Smiths.
    Yes, Asset sees you have an album named Singles and list all tracks for the album Singles. Having said that, I thought I read somewhere that this issue was fixed with recent versions of Asset, where albums were determined by album and album artist, but I'm not entirely sure.

To resolve this and to make sure this does not happen in other software, I make all album titles unique e.g.:
    The Smiths Singles, New Order Singles, Suede Singles etc.
    Last edited by mville; 01-10-2018 at 09:07 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I guess that's one way around it, although I'm not sure I fancy searching through 60k songs to see which have the same album titles!

I wonder what's causing the second issue though?

Mick

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to say I'm using 6.1 Registered on WHS 2011.

dBpoweramp Guru

I guess that's one way around it, although I'm not sure I fancy searching through 60k songs to see which have the same album titles!
    You probably only have to edit the Singles albums and possibly any Greatest Hits and Best Of albums. 15 minutes work.

I wonder what's causing the second issue though?
    Sorry, no idea.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    You probably only have to edit the Singles albums and possibly any Greatest Hits and Best Of albums. 15 minutes work.
    In all honesty I'd prefer to keep the tagging as it (sort of) should be and await future corrections in the server software. I'm aware that I have a reasonable amount of such albums and I'm not going to start running through them to find which might be affected!

Mick

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Don't know if this helps, but running 6.1 on QNAP seems to work fine. I have three albums called Human. They all come up after search as albums too, and they all list only their own tracks.
    I also happen to have 6.1 on my PC so I just fired that up (I presume it's the same Windows version you use). It's using a library of mp3 conversions from the originals though, so tagging may be different, but that works the same too, so it seems there's something awry going on fro you. Have you tried a full restart/rescan?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Timster (I'm mickc on the Linn forum as well, btw) - this issue only occurs when I select the Singles album from 'New Albums'. It's fine when I pick it using other methods such as the one you mention.

If you have time on your hands and don't mind messing with your files(!) you could remove one of your Human albums then re-add it so it appears under 'New Albums' - then see how it displays...

Mick

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Timster (I'm mickc on the Linn forum as well, btw) - this issue only occurs when I select the Singles album from 'New Albums'. It's fine when I pick it using other methods such as the one you mention.

If you have time on your hands and don't mind messing with your files(!) you could remove one of your Human albums then re-add it so it appears under 'New Albums' - then see how it displays...

Mick
    Thought it might be you

Well, I couldn't get it to detect one as New by just deleting and re-adding, even after a rescan/restart. So I copied one and gave it another album artist name. And it appears as it should in New Albums, without the other ones. So... not sure what that tells you.

You mentioned the search too - is that working now?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Timster
    Search is the same still. Loads of albums with Singles as, or as part of, the title, but no Smiths and no Future Islands.

New albums gives the attached:-
    02D8EFA3-1790-49AF-BB01-3BED447D4AC9.jpg

When I then go into the Future Islands album I get:-
    8446742C-6B7C-4323-ADD1-AA6F5D8765C9.jpg

Not a killer - I still easily prefer Asset over other servers I have tried, but it would be nice if little issues were resolved.

Mick
    Last edited by mickc; 01-16-2018 at 10:00 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Same software, no issue here.
    I'd suggest a complete "rescan all" if you haven't already.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I&*8217;ve done that, plus a couple of reboots of the Windows Home Server box, but I may try the old uninstall/reinstall to see how that goes.

Cheers for the &*8216;input&*8217; so far.

Mick

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I&*8217;ve done that, plus a couple of reboots of the Windows Home Server box, but I may try the old uninstall/reinstall to see how that goes.

Cheers for the &*8216;input&*8217; so far.

Mick
    What the @£$&! happened there?

dBpoweramp Guru

What dlna client app are you using?

It is worth considering that the issue might be with the client app and not the server, Asset.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by timster67 View Post
    What the @£$&! happened there?
    Hah! I used single inverted commas! Should have said Cheers for the input so far!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    What dlna client app are you using?

It is worth considering that the issue might be with the client app and not the server, Asset.
    Hi mville - my mistake - I meant to say, in the first post, that I was using Kazoo as a control point, but that I had also tried the Lumin one and on New Albums that gave the same (incorrect) result.
    The version I use is shown as 6.1.0.1, and is installed on a WHS 2011 box.

Mick
    Last edited by mickc; 01-16-2018 at 01:26 PM.