title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problem upgrading to Asset 6.1 on WHS v1

Problem upgrading to Asset 6.1 on WHS v1

Hi,

Am currently running Asset 5.2 and trying to update to 6.1 on WHS v1 machine (Zoneripper)

Following the install instructions, I have downloaded the AssetUPnP-WHS.msi file and copied it to the Software\Add-Ins Folder on the Zoneripper. When accessing Add-Ins from the Windows Home Server Console it appears correctly in the list of Available Add-Ins.

When clicking on 'Install' I get the following error message: "Windows cannot open this program because it has been prevented by a software restriction policy. For more information, open Event Viewer or contact your system administrator."

Clicking "OK" brings up a further "Installation Failed" window with the message, "The selected add-in failed to install. The error code was 1603. Please contact the add-in author for assistance."

(On looking in Event Viewer there did not appear to be any additional relevant information.)

Incidentally, within the Asset UPnP window within the Windows Home Server Console I do have a button which says "Upgrade to 6.1" but have not not clicked on it but followed the supplied installation instructions instead.

Please advise.

Thanks
    Steve

Administrator

Re: Problem upgrading to Asset 6.1 on WHS v1

Uninstall the old asset. Then remote desktop connect into the Zone ripper, create a folder:

c:\install

and save the install to that folder, then run direct from that folder (double click) using remote desktop connection.

Re: Problem upgrading to Asset 6.1 on WHS v1

Thanks. All done and all looking good.