title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset 6.1 library stays empty

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaFork
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2011

Asset 6.1 library stays empty

Hi there,

Got a registered/premium Asset 6.1 on a brand new computer, running the latest and up to date windows 10 PRO x64 Operating System. I have a music collection added starting with Asset's default config, being a folder D:\music

When saving the config (all else is completely default), the library starts scanning songs by increments of 500. However, after some time and after completion, I keep the state 0 albums, 0 songs. I tried removing the folder, adding it again, restarting Asset, refresh all/detecting changes. Nothing seems to work.

Am I overlooking something? Any tips? Should get around 1800 albums as before on another computer which I replaced, and 22.000 songs.

Cheers,
    DaFork
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Asset 6.1 library stays empty

Try restarting your PC.

Your 1800 albums are tagged? What is your Asset running mode?

Comment

• DaFork
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by mville
      Try restarting your PC.

Your 1800 albums are tagged? What is your Asset running mode?
      All albums are properly tagged, the same harddisk (SSD..) was in a previous PC running Asset too. Running mode is default/recommended: local account.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Are you certain asset has the access rights to read the files? if the HDD came from another PC, the permissions on access could be wrong.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DaFork
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
          Are you certain asset has the access rights to read the files? if the HDD came from another PC, the permissions on access could be wrong.
          I believe so, I made exactly the same account (same username, same password), and even the windows ID (hostname) is the same. The new machine gets also the same ip address from the DHCP server.

How do I check whether Asset has rights? I do really think it has it, as it will read the music files in increments of 500 when scanning this folder, the result at the end is just 0 albums / 0 songs and in upnp clients (e.g. BubbleDS next) it shows an empty library too.

I can provide you with RDP access in a DM, if that would provide some help.

Small update: when running as a service, Asset seems to do the trick. RDP might still be offered in case you agree with me this might be a bug and worth investigating.
          Last edited by DaFork; 01-09-2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

On the new PC, try taking ownership of the D:\music folder:
            How to take ownership of files and folders on Windows 10

Comment

• DaFork
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jan 2011

Took ownership to my current account (which has administrator rights), but that did not make a difference either. Tried removing/adding folder, /restarting asset and PC, and refresh all/detect changes. Will keep running as a service I guess.

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by DaFork
                Took ownership to my current account (which has administrator rights), but that did not make a difference either. Tried removing/adding folder, /restarting asset and PC, and refresh all/detect changes.
                Then there is some sort of issue here, probably security/permissions related.

Originally posted by DaFork
                Will keep running as a service I guess.
                Personally, I would not be happy ignoring this issue.

Comment

Working...

]]>