title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Audirvana not finding album art added by Perfect Tunes Album Art (OSX)

Audirvana not finding album art added by Perfect Tunes Album Art (OSX)

Album Art is brilliant - many thanks for your product.

I just have one minor problem. I use Audirvana on OSX. However, many of my albums do not have album art. Perfect Tunes Album Art is just what I need. As expected, when I "Fix" album art using Album Art, it creates the image file in the folder for the album, and embeds the art in each of the tracks. But no image is associated with the whole album in Audirvana. I have to manually set the album's image to the image file.

Is there an additional step that Album Art could perform to automatically associate an image with the whole album as well as all the tracks?

Do you know how Audirvana associates an image with the album itself?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Audirvana not finding album art added by Perfect Tunes Album Art (OSX)

The folder.jpg in the album folder associates that art with every track in the album. Embedding the art in each track does as well. I've never seen a player/library that needs anything else to associate art to an album. Seems to be some option/setting/issue with Audivarna. Probably best to ask in an Audivarna user forum or support.

dBpoweramp Guru

Maybe Audirvana has limitations for album art (pixel size and/or file size).

What are the differences between the albums shown with album art and those without?

Dat Ei

Thanks for the quick response. I have got to the bottom of the problem - and you were correct - it was at the Audirvana side. On top of the data in the folder, Audirvana maintains its own separate database for meta data which includes a link to the image used for the whole album.

When you first import folders into Audirvana, if it finds album art in the album folder it will add that to the database as the image for the whole album. However, there is currently no easy way to request Audirvana to reimport just one folder to take into account a newly added image. I will request that from Audirvana.

Many thanks again for your great product.