title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC no results but mpe and wav results

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ykdob
    • Dec 2017

FLAC no results but mpe and wav results

Hello everybody,
    has anybody got a clue why ripping CDs doesn't lead to any proper results? I can see title etc. However, only 1.700 KB is too small for a file, isn't it? Furthermore, I'm told that "length" of the title is 0.
    MP3 and WAV work nicely but I bought poweramp exactly to rip all my CDs into FLAC easily. It works with "Format Factory" , but I guess poweramp is qualitatively better and can actually be handled even more conveniently. Apart from that I would certainly like to make use of what I paid for

Frankly, Im not really into computing and I hope I might just have failed to see some tiny detail ...
    I would be very happy to receive some help !!!

cu
    ykdob
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: FLAC no results but mpe and wav results

Originally posted by ykdob
    Hello everybody,
    has anybody got a clue why ripping CDs doesn't lead to any proper results? I can see title etc. However, only 1.700 KB is too small for a file, isn't it? Furthermore, I'm told that "length" of the title is 0.
    MP3 and WAV work nicely but I bought poweramp exactly to rip all my CDs into FLAC easily. It works with "Format Factory" , but I guess poweramp is qualitatively better and can actually be handled even more conveniently. Apart from that I would certainly like to make use of what I paid for

Frankly, Im not really into computing and I hope I might just have failed to see some tiny detail ...
    I would be very happy to receive some help !!!

cu
    ykdob
    When you try to rip to FLAC, what does the ripping log report. Paste the log contents into a reply and that may give us some clues.

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

See this thread: Flac V1.3.2 files too short

Comment

• ykdob
        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by mville
        Wow – your hint / link wasn’t bad. Levels 0-3 work - almost. However, the songs can be played on my computer but not on my Cambridge Audio – Hifi. According to the link you referred to, I should perhaps request dBpoweramp R16.2. Or can I swap my registration to another computer? (I was stupid not to buy db poweramp via my newer notebook.)
        By the way:
        If only I knew what ripping log is / where to find it. I pressed “Copy info to Clipboard” when “dB poweramp CD Ripper: Information”-window appeared. The info-window cannot be copied. “View current error and information logs” leads to the same window and can equally not be copied.
        Thanks so far anyway. I’m dead tired …
        ykdob

Comment

• ykdob
          • Dec 2017

Wow &*8211; your hint / link wasn&*8217;t bad. Levels 0-3 work - almost. However, the songs can be played on my computer but not on my Cambridge Audio &*8211; Hifi. According to the link you referred to, I should perhaps request dBpoweramp R16.2. Or can I swap my registration to another computer? (I was stupid not to buy db poweramp via my newer notebook.)
          By the way:
          If only I knew what ripping log is / where to find it. I pressed &*8220;Copy info to Clipboard&*8221; when &*8220;dB poweramp CD Ripper: Information&*8221;-window appeared. The info-window cannot be copied. &*8220;View current error and information logs&*8221; leads to the same window and can equally not be copied.
          Thanks so far anyway. I&*8217;m dead tired &*8230;
          ykdob

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ykdob
            Or can I swap my registration to another computer? (I was stupid not to buy db poweramp via my newer notebook.)
            no problem. Just go to "registration retrieval" and have your old order number from email receipt available. You can reinstall on your new computer.

note: the FLAC problem is only on some computer chipsets. I don't have any problems with my computers with the new FLAC.
            Last edited by garym; 12-30-2017, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• ykdob
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by garym
              no problem. Just go to "registration retrieval" and have your old order number from email receipt available. You can reinstall on your new computer.

note: the FLAC problem is only on some computer chipsets. I don't have any problems with my computers with the new FLAC.
              thank you so much for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I made use of the registration retrieval and on my notebook everything is fine!!!
              ready to rippppppppppppppp !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Excellent.

Comment

• d2b
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Aug 2010

Are the FLAC codec developers aware of this problem and are they doing anything about it? I don't like the idea of being locked out of future dBpoweramp developments.

Dennis, aka "d2b"

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

It has already been fixed as far as I know, it is just 1.3.4 is not released yet.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>