title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clear Audio Extraction Log

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Clear Audio Extraction Log

I'm out of ideas. Good luck.

Administrator

To clean slate dBpoweramp run:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

Then try with the default settings.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dansync View Post
    It's getting even stranger. I just started to rip a different CD, and the log file written to that [rippedtopath] also contains log information of the other CD I ripped earlier.
    When did this issue begin and has anything changed on your system, recently? What Windows version? Where are you ripping CDs to?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    When did this issue begin and has anything changed on your system, recently? What Windows version? Where are you ripping CDs to?
    can you post the contents of one of these odd log files here. maybe there's a clue somewhere inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    To clean slate dBpoweramp run:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

Then try with the default settings.
    Rip 1:
    Tried one rip with default settings. By default apparently no log is written to file.

Rip 2:
    I made screenshots before running the reset tool, so for the second rip I have only put back the Secure Ripping settings. Log file was written, only the log for this rip is in there, which is good (but also obvious because all settings are reset).

Rip 3:
    I deleted the second rip (including the log file, deleted the whole directory). Everything still same settings as rip 2, so only the Secure Ripping settings are set. Again, the log file only shows the current rip, which is good.

Rip 4:
    I have put back all my settings for rip number 4. And the big log file is back.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    I purchased and updated dbPoweramp today from R16.2 to R16.3. I used a trial of R16.2 earlier this year (I think in April) to test out if I liked it or not. Been very busy rest of the year, finally got some time to get back into ripping my collection so decided to buy the license today and update the tool.
    Not sure since when this problem started to occur, as I didn't write log to a file earlier this year, but I decided today I wanted to keep them around.

Running Windows 10 Home. I'm ripping to a second internal harddisk (not a partition, just an extra physical disk) with 2TB of free space.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    can you post the contents of one of these odd log files here. maybe there's a clue somewhere inside?
    Latest log file: https://pastebin.com/p7jWcTZ4

Thanks for all your help so far. Nice community here

Yesterday I replied to all your questions and advice, but that reply needed approval by moderation. I still don't see my post here so I'll type it out again, a bit shorter this time:

Did about 4 rips after the reset:
    1 with default settings (no log)
    1 with my secure ripping settings put back (log for that rip, so it went good)
    1 with that same CD, but deleted the previous rip, didnt change settings, still only the log for that CD
    1 with all my old settings back (made backup screenshots before the reset tool), and now the massive log was back again

Running Windows 10 Home, didn't change anything to my system, other then buying a license for R16.3. Used R16.2 as a trial earlier this year, finally got the time to continue on with ripping so I decided to buy.

I'll run a new CD for the big log, ill update this post with a pastebin link of it.

EDIT: Big log file: https://pastebin.com/VXz6X3eQ
    Last edited by Dansync; 12-31-2017 at 06:07 AM.

I already replied twice, why do my posts get deleted? Is it because I post a link to pastebin with the log? Anyway, reset didn't help. See my previous posts that got deleted twice for all details.
    Last edited by Dansync; 12-31-2017 at 08:58 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

I already replied twice, why do my posts get deleted? Is it because I post a link to pastebin with the log? Anyway, reset didn't help. See my previous posts that got deleted twice for all details.
    Sorry, I don't see any post with link to a log? But I did see the text of your post (below), when it was emailed to me as an update. Not sure why it disappeared.

=========================
    Yesterday I replied to all your questions and advice, but that reply needed approval by moderation. I still don't see my post here so I'll type it out again..:

Did about 4 rips:
    1 with default settings (no log)
    1 with my secure ripping settings put back (log for that rip, so it went good)
    1 with that same CD, but deleted the previous rip, didnt change settings, still only the log for that CD
    1 with all my old settings back (made backup screenshots before the reset tool), and now the massive log was back again

Running Windows 10 Home, didn't change anything to my system, other then buying a license for R16.3. Used R16.2 as a trial earlier this year, finally got the time to continue on with ripping so I decided to buy.

I'll run a new CD for the big log, ill update this post with a pastebin link of it.
    Last edited by garym; 12-31-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Log: pastebinDOTcom/VXz6X3eQ

Hope this helps. At this point im starting to think its just a bug in dbpa...

Meanwhile I've also been starting to type out all the settings I could find how I have currently set them see that below:
    docs.googleDOTcom/document/d/1DeZdp5OIte6RJl_OlO5WCVIlHVu6iP6uzQFWV0l8sPY/edit?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Dansync; 12-31-2017 at 10:12 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Log: pastebinDOTcom/VXz6X3eQ

Hope this helps. At this point im starting to think its just a bug in dbpa...

Meanwhile I've also been starting to type out all the settings I could find how I have currently set them see that below:
    docs.googleDOTcom/document/d/1DeZdp5OIte6RJl_OlO5WCVIlHVu6iP6uzQFWV0l8sPY/edit?usp=sharing
    Can you try to post your log from pastebin again. (NEVERMIND: I connected to it. I'll take a look now). The one above doesn't work. copy the URL you want to post, then click on the "post link" icon above the text box for replying to this email. It is 6 icons from the right (looks like a planet eart with a little "link" emblem at the bottom of the earth).

Anything is possible, but it is unlikely a bug. I've never seen this problem reported in years of hanging out at this forum. And I've not seen this happen in my own ripping over the last 10 years, across thousands of CDs and many different versions and windows machines.
    Last edited by garym; 12-31-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Can you try to post your log from pastebin again. (NEVERMIND: I connected to it. I'll take a look now). The one above doesn't work. copy the URL you want to post, then click on the "post link" icon above the text box for replying to this email. It is 6 icons from the right (looks like a planet eart with a little "link" emblem at the bottom of the earth).

Anything is possible, but it is unlikely a bug. I've never seen this problem reported in years of hanging out at this forum. And I've not seen this happen in my own ripping over the last 10 years, across thousands of CDs and many different versions and windows machines.
    Just replace "DOT" with a "." in the URL.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hmmm. It appears you are using the multiencoder. I've not seen your log issue mentioned with that either, but I don't personally use multiencoder so can't attest to how it behaves. Can you try some rips directly to FLAC or mp3 (not using multiencoder) and see if the problem still exists. If not, that would at least point to something in your multiencoder settings.

The log you posted certainly seems to have included multiple rips in a single log. I'm not at home so can't check, but is the "write to" log name you show in your google docs document the default name/location for the log? Or is it a name/location you specifically gave it. If so, I'd look closely at that as if something is odd about that location, it would keep the log file open forever.

Hmmm. It appears you are using the multiencoder. I've not seen your log issue mentioned with that either, but I don't personally use multiencoder so can't attest to how it behaves. Can you try some rips directly to FLAC or mp3 (not using multiencoder) and see if the problem still exists. If not, that would at least point to something in your multiencoder settings.

The log you posted certainly seems to have included multiple rips in a single log. I'm not at home so can't check, but is the "write to" log name you show in your google docs document the default name/location for the log? Or is it a name/location you specifically gave it. If so, I'd look closely at that as if something is odd about that location, it would keep the log file open forever.
    It indeed is related to the multi-encoder somehow. When I put the Profile back to default, it writes just the log file for that rip... Now to find out what is wrong here... I can't be the only one using the multi-encoder, right? This is the part I like about dBpoweramp in which it makes the FLAC versions for archival and MP3 for on the go..

dBpoweramp Guru

It indeed is related to the multi-encoder somehow. When I put the Profile back to default, it writes just the log file for that rip... Now to find out what is wrong here... I can't be the only one using the multi-encoder, right? This is the part I like about dBpoweramp in which it makes the FLAC versions for archival and MP3 for on the go..
    Yes, there are many users of multi-encoder I believe. What about my question related to the name/location settings you've given to the "write log to" settings. Was that your naming string or the default? My best guess is that if that is not default, there is something about your naming string for writing the logs that is creating the problem.

p.s. I also rip to FLAC and then later create mp3 copies for on the go. But I don't do this all at one step. I setup the dbpa converter to do this for me, with a couple of mouse clicks. It can create my mp3 library and it is smart enough to only add new FLAC file mp3 copies, it doesn't recreate all the already existing mp3 files. There's also the new TuneFusion illustrate product (in beta), which can automate creating copies, converting from one codec to another, etc., all in an automated manner. See:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?39617

Yes, there are many users of multi-encoder I believe. What about my question related to the name/location settings you've given to the "write log to" settings. Was that your naming string or the default? My best guess is that if that is not default, there is something about your naming string for writing the logs that is creating the problem.

p.s. I also rip to FLAC and then later create mp3 copies for on the go. But I don't do this all at one step. I setup the dbpa converter to do this for me, with a couple of mouse clicks. It can create my mp3 library and it is smart enough to only add new FLAC file mp3 copies, it doesn't recreate all the already existing mp3 files. There's also the new TuneFusion illustrate product (in beta), which can automate creating copies, converting from one codec to another, etc., all in an automated manner. See:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?39617
    Thanks for the info. I really appreciate the help.

My multi encoder settings are in the google doc they are:

FLAC
    Output To: [IFEQUALS][encoder],(FLAC 1.3.2),FLAC[]\[IFEQUALS][album artist],Various Artists,Various Artists\[album] ([year])[][IF!EQUALS][album artist],Various Artists,Artists\[album artist]\[year] - [album][]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track]. [artist] - [title]

MP3
    Output To: [IFEQUALS][encoder],Lame 3.100.0,MP3[]\[IFEQUALS][album artist],Various Artists,Various Artists\[album] ([year])[][IF!EQUALS][album artist],Various Artists,Artists\[album artist]\[year] - [album][]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track]. [artist] - [title]

They are not default.

I will look into how dpba converter works, maybe use that instead of multi-encoder. Still in my opinion, setting an "Output To" different from default with some of the nice coding magic dpba offers, shouldn't break the log writing functionality. So I'd still like to see an answer to the issue.