title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Missing music

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wazza69
    • Dec 2017

Missing music

Hi,

I have just changed from Minimserver to Asset and are really enjoying it. I use the version for the QNAP NAS with the Naim Audio app on my iPhone.

The only issue is that Asset only comes up with a small proportion of my library when it does its scan and shows in the app. Minim server still works fine and shows the full library (both pointing to the same directories - all flac). Any suggestions for things I should check for?

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Missing music

Your music is in multiple locations?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wazza69
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
      Your music is in multiple locations?
      No, they are all on the NAS drive under the same folder (e.g. \\Multimedia\Music\Hires, \\Multimedia\Music\CDRips etc)

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

How many flac files do you have? and how many are detected by Asset?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Castle
          • Jan 2018

I am having a similar issue where Asset will sometimes only add 5200 or titles to the library and then stop. If I then do another scan it then indicates that it reaches the library total of approx 21,000, but titles are missing and it only list titles and not albums. This started to occur when I updated to your most recent Linux x64 version, 6.1 from 5.9. Asset is being run on a Thecus Intel NAS. I am also unable to get/run the logs. Is it running out of space for these library/log files?

Comment

• PeterP
            Super Moderator
            • Jul 2011

We're sorry to hear about your troubles.
            Please take a snapshot of your configuration - by using "download configuration dump" feature of Asset web interface and send it to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis.
            Thanks.

Comment

• PeterP
              Super Moderator
              • Jul 2011

Thanks for your emails and sorry about slow reply.

There is an apparent bug in Asset configuration dump functionality - which I just discovered thanks to you; it doesn't work as intended on certain NAS machines due to embedded Linux quirks which I won't go into as they're not relevant here.

Not sure what you mean by version 6.1, I hope you mean R6 final (not beta). If you're running a beta version, please get the final (non beta) release, it addresses known bugs from the betas.

Here's another thing I'd like you to try:
              • In Asset settings, enable debug logging, apply
              • Attempt rescan, wait for Asset to stop reporting rescan activity
              • Get the logs ("show library logs"), forward them to me ( peter@dbpoweramp.com ).

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

• Castle
                • Jan 2018

The version I am running is R6 per the UPNP log, I had assumed the Linux version number was the same as the Windows download versions in my previous post.

It will be a few days before I can get the library logs to you.

Comment

• wazza69
                  • Dec 2017

Hi,

I have approx 40,000 flac files and Asset is showing 30,000. I'll send the logs to Peter as well.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>