title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Transcoding HiRes from m3u playlists

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Transcoding HiRes from m3u playlists

I originally posted this on a Replay Gain thread, but it's more appropriate here:
    Quote Originally Posted by timster67 View Post
    I have another question now that I have taken the plunge and set the album gain on. I had no idea this would happen as my test album was 44.1/16, but it seems that when transcoding Asset is not maintaining the original sample rate. I have many 48/96/192Hz albums, but using the transcode with Replay Gain on (at 24-bit) I am only ever getting 44.1/24, which isn't great. Is this expected behaviour, and if so, can it be changed to maintain the original sample rate please? I know this is possible as other servers do so when transcoding.
    I have dug a little deeper and am now a little confused. The 192kHz track I was playing above came from a playlist (m3u). In this case, it was playing at 44.1/24. The same track, from the same original file, when selected through the browse tree, plays correctly at 192/24.

So - what is actually happening here? Is the sample rate being changed through the transcoder purely because it came from an .m3u playlist entry? Or is it actually playing the file at 192/24 but misreporting it to the renderer?
    Last edited by timster67; 12-30-2017 at 03:25 AM. Reason: To avoid ambiguity

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Transcoding HiRes from m3u playlists

Bumping this up - would like to know if this is expected behaviour (and can it be changed) or a bug?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Transcoding HiRes from m3u playlists

Thanks Spoon et al! R6.1 handles m3u playlsts perfectly now; metadata, album art, and transcoding keeps original resolution.