title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: New user - Status Not Running

New user - Status Not Running

I know this seems really silly, but I've just installed Asset UPnP and I can't get it to run. I've added locations to scan (3 USB drives), and tried everything I can find to get it to do anything at all, but all I get in the configuration screen is Status: Not Running. I've tried changing running mode between Local Account & Service, tried Restart Asset many times, but nothing ever changes. How can I persuade it to run?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: New user - Status Not Running

Try rebooting your device.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Try rebooting your device.
    Tried that, made no difference I'm afraid. It's currently set to run as a service, and according to Windows Services (via Admin Tools) the service is running. Configuration still says 'Not Running'.

dBpoweramp Guru

What platform/OS and what version of Asset UPnP, free/trial or Premium?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    What platform/OS and what version of Asset UPnP, free/trial or Premium?
    Thanks for responding, but I've fixed it now. I checked Windows Firewall rules and it had permissions for Asset-uPNP.exe. Checking C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp I found that exe was not there. I uninstalled & reinstalled Asset UPnP and the missing Asset-uPNP.exe is now present, and is now running (scanning library). No idea why this happened, original install seemed OK, and everything but that single .exe seemed to be present. For the record - Windows 10, Asset UPnP 6.1 Premium (I'm using this as I just got a Sonos Play 1 and then discovered it has a hard limit of 65,000 tracks [which they don't tell you!], which isn't enough - fortunately supports DLNA so I'm hoping I can use it via Asset UPnP).

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bventure View Post
    Thanks for responding, but I've fixed it now. I checked Windows Firewall rules and it had permissions for Asset-uPNP.exe. Checking C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp I found that exe was not there. I uninstalled & reinstalled Asset UPnP and the missing Asset-uPNP.exe is now present, and is now running (scanning library). No idea why this happened, original install seemed OK, and everything but that single .exe seemed to be present. For the record - Windows 10, Asset UPnP 6.1 Premium (I'm using this as I just got a Sonos Play 1 and then discovered it has a hard limit of 65,000 tracks [which they don't tell you!], which isn't enough - fortunately supports DLNA so I'm hoping I can use it via Asset UPnP).
    If not, you can use SONOS players with Roon, with no track limit.
    https://roonlabs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    If not, you can use SONOS players with Roon, with no track limit.
    https://roonlabs.com/
    Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.