title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Benefits for upgrade from dBpoweramp Reference R14.2 (Family Pack) to newest version?

Benefits for upgrade from dBpoweramp Reference R14.2 (Family Pack) to newest version?

Hi there.

I have an dBpoweramp Reference R14.2 (Family Pack) that I have not used for some time.
    And now I want to start a new, large ripping job.
    Is there any big changes from that version to the newest, and what will I miss if I don't upgrade?
    The computer I mostly use for this is now some years old, it have an AMD FX-6200 6-Core Processor, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit and 4 pcs Lite-On DVD±RW burner IHAS124-19.

Also if someone has a good tip about the best config/setup for simultaneously ripping to FLAC and MP3 with this computer, it would be nice to know.

Nettulf

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Benefits for upgrade from dBpoweramp Reference R14.2 (Family Pack) to newest vers

Re: Benefits for upgrade from dBpoweramp Reference R14.2 (Family Pack) to newest vers

Thx for the answer, but already looked at the changelog a bit.
    I guess the biggest change is the GUI and 64 bit support. Lots of other changes and fixes also, but as I remember all worked well in the R14.2 version for my use.
    So my question is if the update is worth the money for my use or not.
    Also, is it possible to install and try the new version in the trial period, without overwrite the old version and the settings there?

Nettulf

Administrator

The trial would not activate if you have a previous version of dBpoweramp installed.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nettulf View Post
    Thx for the answer, but already looked at the changelog a bit.
    I guess the biggest change is the GUI and 64 bit support. Lots of other changes and fixes also, but as I remember all worked well in the R14.2 version for my use.
    So my question is if the update is worth the money for my use or not.
    It all depends on whether you want/need the new features introduced since R14.2.