title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endless error messages

Endless error messages

Have just installed dBpoweramp. Sees CD ok. On ripping each track gives "error". Have tried different CDs. Have also tried different cd drive. Same result. Just for once I would like to purchase a product that actually works first time!

Administrator

Re: Endless error messages

On the error page is a button 'copy to clipboard', click this button and paste the errors as a reply please.

Hi, all... Not sure if this is brucer 100's experience... but all of a sudden (after months and months of use) I am having this experience, too. (Below is the error page.) I just finished ripping a CD -- all good -- and then the subsequent three CD's all very quickly read the CD, showing tracks & titles, but then after clicking the RIP button, the program bolted through through every track with an ERROR. As I said, tried multiple CD's. Also, I have a second CD player, and tried this one as well -- same experience, so it's neither the player, nor the CD. Thanks for any suggestions!

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 1' to 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\01 Keb' Mo' - The Whole Enchilada.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\01 Keb' Mo' - The Whole Enchilada._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 2' to 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\02 Keb' Mo' - Inside Outside.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\02 Keb' Mo' - Inside Outside._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 3' to 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\03 Keb' Mo' - All The Way.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\03 Keb' Mo' - All The Way._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 4' to 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\04 Keb' Mo' - The Reflection (I See Myself In You).m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\04 Keb' Mo' - The Reflection (I See Myself In You)._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 5' to 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\05 Keb' Mo' - Crush On You.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\05 Keb' Mo' - Crush On You._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 6' to 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\06 Keb' Mo' - One Of These Nights.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\06 Keb' Mo' - One Of These Nights._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 7' to 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\07 Keb' Mo' - My Baby's Tellin' Lies.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\07 Keb' Mo' - My Baby's Tellin' Lies._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 8' to 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\08 Keb' Mo' - My Shadow.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\08 Keb' Mo' - My Shadow._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 9' to 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\09 Keb' Mo' - We Don't Need It.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\09 Keb' Mo' - We Don't Need It._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 10' to 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\10 Keb' Mo' - Just Lookin'.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\10 Keb' Mo' - Just Lookin'._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 11' to 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\11 Keb' Mo' - Walk Through Fire.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\11 Keb' Mo' - Walk Through Fire._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 12' to 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\12 Keb' Mo' - Something Within.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\12 Keb' Mo' - Something Within._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

dBpoweramp Guru

Can you create the file 'Z:\Keb' Mo'\The Reflection\12 Keb' Mo' - Something Within._' by hand? Looks like a privilege problem.

Dat Ei

Sorry -- I am not sure what you mean "by hand"?

Administrator

What is drive Z?

"Z" drive is the location of the music library where CD ripper places the music. It's a directory on a NAS drive on our network. But the drive itself (Z and the NAS, altogether) are working fine.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\01 Bob Dylan - I'm A Fool To Want You.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\01 Bob Dylan - I'm A Fool To Want You._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\02 Bob Dylan - The Night We Called It A Day.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\02 Bob Dylan - The Night We Called It A Day._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\03 Bob Dylan - Stay With Me.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\03 Bob Dylan - Stay With Me._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\04 Bob Dylan - Autumn Leaves.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\04 Bob Dylan - Autumn Leaves._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\05 Bob Dylan - Why Try To Change Me Now.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\05 Bob Dylan - Why Try To Change Me Now._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\06 Bob Dylan - Some Enchanted Evening.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\06 Bob Dylan - Some Enchanted Evening._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\07 Bob Dylan - Full Moon And Empty Arms.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\07 Bob Dylan - Full Moon And Empty Arms._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\08 Bob Dylan - Where Are You¿.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\08 Bob Dylan - Where Are You¿._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 9' to 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\09 Bob Dylan - What'll I Do.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\09 Bob Dylan - What'll I Do._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 10' to 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\10 Bob Dylan - That Lucky Old Sun.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Bruce\music\Bob Dylan\Shadows In The Night\10 Bob Dylan - That Lucky Old Sun._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Read error messages. So I changed destination to "Public music". Now works fine. Why will it not write to another folder on the same drive?

dBpoweramp Guru

Could be a problem with access privileges or security software.

Dat Ei

Administrator

It is Windows (or the NAS) which is stopping CD Ripper from accessing those other locations, security settings.

Thanks, all... After a few hours of sitting idle, CD Ripper started behaving normally again -- no more errors. The whole episode seems strange: months of perfect functioning, then ripping five new CD's, two ripped fine, then the next three gave all the error messages, then a few hours later, all is ok again. Seems odd that security settings of Windows and/or NAS could have changed in the space of less than a minute and then changed back in a couple of hours. Anyway -- all seems ok now, so I guess there's no need to investigate further.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by skern328 View Post
    Thanks, all... After a few hours of sitting idle, CD Ripper started behaving normally again -- no more errors. The whole episode seems strange: months of perfect functioning, then ripping five new CD's, two ripped fine, then the next three gave all the error messages, then a few hours later, all is ok again. Seems odd that security settings of Windows and/or NAS could have changed in the space of less than a minute and then changed back in a couple of hours. Anyway -- all seems ok now, so I guess there's no need to investigate further.
    My guess is the Windows network permissions get temporarily screwed/lost, but eventually they recover. I have yet to workout why, as I experience something similar with TunesFUSION and network permissions.

What windows version are you running?

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey skern328,

do you use Microsoft Onedrive?

Dat Ei

mville: Windows 10.
    Dat Ei: I do use OneDrive now and then (and it shows up in the directory of Windows Explorer), but I do not use it to store music and don't have CD Ripper interact with it in any direct way. I save ripped music files to what our Ethernet-wired network calls the "Z" drive -- which is a NAS drive.
    Last edited by skern328; 12-29-2017 at 06:38 PM.