title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clear Audio Extraction Log

Clear Audio Extraction Log

When I re-ripped a CD I ripped before in the passed, it somehow contains the logs from the rip I did a while ago, even though the previous log file was deleted. Is there a way to "reset" or "clear" whatever dbPoweramp CD Ripper knows about these rips to start of with a clean slate? Thanks.

Current "Secure Extraction Log" settings are:
    Report Contents: Simple
    Write To File: checked
    Log Filename: [rippedtopath]\log[IFMULTI] (disc [disc])[].txt
    Add To Information Log (shown after ripping): checked

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Clear Audio Extraction Log

Quote Originally Posted by Dansync View Post
    When I re-ripped a CD I ripped before in the passed, it somehow contains the logs from the rip I did a while ago, even though the previous log file was deleted. Is there a way to "reset" or "clear" whatever dbPoweramp CD Ripper knows about these rips to start of with a clean slate? Thanks.

Current "Secure Extraction Log" settings are:
    Report Contents: Simple
    Write To File: checked
    Log Filename: [rippedtopath]\log[IFMULTI] (disc [disc])[].txt
    Add To Information Log (shown after ripping): checked
    Try unticking "add to information log". With this ticked, it will keep old log contents and add new rip log info to the existing log.

Tried unticking "Add To Information Log (shown after ripping)" but it still appends to the old log file (which I also deleted before re-ripping). The only thing that changed is that the popup window at the end of the rip has less information.

dBpoweramp Guru

Tried unticking "Add To Information Log (shown after ripping)" but it still appends to the old log file (which I also deleted before re-ripping). The only thing that changed is that the popup window at the end of the rip has less information.
    hmmm. Odd. I'm out of ideas. @spoon will need to respond.

It's getting even stranger. I just started to rip a different CD, and the log file written to that [rippedtopath] also contains log information of the other CD I ripped earlier.

My goal here is to have a simple log file only containing the results of the actual rip that just happened, written to the same directory as the FLAC files are written to.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Please try this.

Delete this file for having a clear state

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\CDRipperCache.bin

A new file will be generated after your first rip.

dBpoweramp Guru

My goal here is to have a simple log file only containing the results of the actual rip that just happened, written to the same directory as the FLAC files are written to.
    That is what should happen and what has happened with 1000s of my own rips. So something is very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Thg6276 View Post
    Please try this.

Delete this file for having a clear state

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\CDRipperCache.bin

A new file will be generated after your first rip.
    First I closed dbPoweramp. Next I deleted this file as you suggested. Did a rip of yet another CD (not ripped before), and again it contains logs from older CD rips.

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by Dansync; 12-30-2017 at 12:10 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

First I closed dbPoweramp. Next I deleted this file as you suggested. Did a rip of yet another CD (not ripped before), and again it contains logs from older CD rips.

Any other suggestions?
    First, exit dbpa, delete the bin file, then reboot the entire machine dbpa is running on. If that doesn't work, my next step would be reinstall of the program.

Just rebooted the machine dbpa is running on, didn't help either. Rather not reinstall dbpa as I will probably lose all my settings and there is no export settings feature, asked about that earlier already in another topic some time ago.

As the log file is getting bigger and bigger I decided to uninstall dbPoweramp > reboot machine > install dbPoweramp with the new installer I got today for registering R16.3 > reboot machine. Somehow dBPoweramp saved all my settings, which is neat.

Did another rip, new CD, still same problem. Old log info is still being shown. A log file for 1 rip should usually be around 15-20 KB, but its over 200 KB now...

Hopefully Spoon will have an answer!

dBpoweramp Guru

As the log file is getting bigger and bigger I decided to uninstall dbPoweramp > reboot machine > install dbPoweramp with the new installer I got today for registering R16.3 > reboot machine. Somehow dBPoweramp saved all my settings, which is neat.

Did another rip, new CD, still same problem. Old log info is still being shown. A log file for 1 rip should usually be around 15-20 KB, but its over 200 KB now...

Hopefully Spoon will have an answer!
    Very odd. I went back and looked at some rips over the last few months just be be sure. In every case, the log file that's in the subdirectory with the album tracks only reports the ripping info for that particular CD.

A thought (probably not useful). I assume you are ripping the CDs using some sort of naming string that places the tracks within and "ARTIST/ALBUM/tracks" folder structure. That is, you're not ripping tracks from all CDs to a single subdirectory (and then maybe moving them later to their own directory)??? If you were doing this, I suppose it thinks every new attempt at ripping a CD is the same CD (all in same folder) and it just adds log info to the file that's already there. But that makes no sense to me either, as you have tried deleting the old log file before ripping. A real mystery...

Yes I do have a naming string, that is correct. Each album goes into its own directory, if an album has multiple discs, those share the same directory, with separate log files inside it.

That makes me think, I do have a setting called "When Ripping" set to "Rip to temporary folder, move album after ripping". Could this be related? I think this is default, could you check what your setting says there? The Setting can be found under CD Ripper Options > Tags & Filenames.

EDIT:
    Other possible options here are:
    - Rip to '._' files, rename album at end
    - Rip direct to final filenames

EDIT2:
    Tried with "Rip direct to final filenames" but didn't help either.
    Last edited by Dansync; 12-30-2017 at 02:01 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes I do have a naming string, that is correct. Each album goes into its own directory, if an album has multiple discs, those share the same directory, with separate log files inside it.

That makes me think, I do have a setting called "When Ripping" set to "Rip to temporary folder, move album after ripping". Could this be related? I think this is default, could you check what your setting says there? The Setting can be found under CD Ripper Options > Tags & Filenames.

EDIT:
    Other possible options here are:
    - Rip direct to final filenames
    mine is set to:

Tried again with "Rip to '._' files, rename album at end" but too but also same results. So it's not related to that setting.