title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: R16.3: cannot get it to default to using all cores during conversions

R16.3: cannot get it to default to using all cores during conversions

Win 8.1, R16.3, 64bit, 'Power Pack Registered". With or without DSP effect 'multi-cpu' enabled, no conversion uses all cores by default. When I manually enable it while converting in the Conversion Window >Options>Encoding>Cores, the conversion speeds up significantly, even when converting FLACs. I did an install of the R16.3, as I only had R16.2 installed, no change. I also installed the DSP Pack agian, no change. Whichever conversion I pick, whichever format to whichever format, I cannot get the default to be all 4 cores, with or without the DSP effect enabled. I tried ;-) See attached screenshots.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: R16.3: cannot get it to default to using all cores during conversions

could someone respond to my question? it's been unanswered for over a month ;-)

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by insession View Post
    could someone respond to my question? it's been unanswered for over a month ;-)
    Try searching the forum. I searched the forum and found this, from 5 months ago: R16.3 no longer uses all cores for conversion by default

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Try searching the forum. I searched the forum and found this, from 5 months ago: R16.3 no longer uses all cores for conversion by default
    Thank you. I had seen that before I posted, and re-downloaded the installer, alas, no change. Then today I saw R16.4 is out now, so I installed that, still no change. My version reads "power pack registered'. Do I have to pay for the 'reference' version to enable multi-cpu by default? Spoon?

Thank you. I looked into that thread before I posted, re-downloaded and installed the then-current version, no change. Today I see there's R16.4 out, so I tried that, no change. Do I have to pay more and get the 'reference registered' version for mutli-cpu to work by default? What I have is the 'Power Pack Registered' version

Spoon? ;-)

Administrator

dBpoweramp Reference is required.

Thanks. Good to know. That was tough to find out. Couldn't find it anywhere in the documentation or in the forum ;-)

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks. Good to know. That was tough to find out. Couldn't find it anywhere in the documentation or in the forum ;-)
    That was the purpose of my link in post no. 3, as Spoon mentions this (R16.3 is 'Reference Registered') in that thread and the thread alludes to it not working with Power Pack.

Yeah, I tried to understand that thread, but found it confusing. Ddin't know there were two installer files, and didn't know that DSP effects such as mutli-core don't work on the paid 'power pack registered version'....

dBpoweramp Guru

Yeah, I tried to understand that thread, but found it confusing. Ddin't know there were two installer files, and didn't know that DSP effects such as mutli-core don't work on the paid 'power pack registered version'....
    OK, got you. I don't think you can even purchase the Power Pack version anymore, just Reference.

thanks for all your help in clearing this up!