title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asset R6 UPnP icons low resolution

Re: Asset R6 UPnP icons low resolution

Thanks for the link Simon - appreciated.

No joy. I scoured through the Asset mac folder contents and there is nothing called AssetUserUpstreamImages (that I could find). I assume its for the RPi or NAS users only? Disappointing.

Plus, yesterday, I quickly put together a new Asset icon PNG at a higher res (750pixels sq at 72dpi, then 500pixels sq at 150dpi), renamed to asset-120x120.png. Restarted the computer, even deleted and reinstalled Asset and the Naim app. Still a blurred Asset opening icon. Frustrating, as everything else about R6 is just great. As mentioned, I really like the new multiple instances facility - it really is a superb feature.

Whatever is controlling the presentation of the Asset icon pixel dimension, it ideally needs to be addressed so that its fully responsive to different screen resolutions - the icons looked particularly poor on my wife's iPad Air2, never mind my old Mini2.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Sorry to hear this - perhaps PeterP or Spoon can comment on this, as I don't have access to a MacOS machine - only a AppleTV 1 as a server based Apple product.

If you want to share the revised Server Icon, I can try and see what it looks like on my R6/RPi environment.

The ability to have customized icons for the folders, artist images and server for each instance is one of the key differentiators for Asset.

I am looking forward to your revised icon set with transparent background, so I can use a background style over than Slate or Black.

Simn.

Administrator

There will be a new release of Asset for the MAC to correct this shortly.

Simon,

Yes, quite looking forward to having a play with the PNG format. First thoughts are to explore the potential of a circular button / transparent surround, simply to tie the designs into the Naim approach for their App. Not sure when I can get started, but once I do I am sure I will plunge headlong down the rabbit hole. Will start a thread on here or the Naim forum when I have something that I think works.

Spoon,

Many thanks for confirmation of a pending Mac update. Appreciated. I hope R6.1 will help with both the control / presentation the pixelated opening Asset icon control... And possibly allow the upstream artists image facility to be opened up to users, as per the other Asset versions for RPi, PC etc.

Power to your elbow and look forward to the updates when ready.
    Last edited by BlueYetiRip; 01-04-2018 at 06:29 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ok, will look forward to seeing them - in the meantime, your existing ones work well and look great.

Many thanks,
    Simon.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi,
    Has the 6.1 Beta 1 release solved your Server icon problem?
    Are you able to use the custom images for Artists replacing the upstream artwork?

Thanks,
    Simon

Simon, thanks for the update - I didn’t know there was a beta Mac R6.1 version available. If I get the chance I’ll try and have a look this weekend.

Hi,

New user of Asset UPnP on a synology here, have installed via package center and also found the icons to be very pixelated/jagged.

The dropbox link in this thread no longer works, does anyone know where I could download the higher res versions from?

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have put the R7 Asset icons, which are in PNG format here - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/cs8d6...fvs9j0vg3&dl=0

Copy then into the appropriate folder replacing the default ones, and restart Asset

Quote Originally Posted by simes_pep View Post
    I have put the R7 Asset icons, which are in PNG format here - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/cs8d6...fvs9j0vg3&dl=0

Copy then into the appropriate folder replacing the default ones, and restart Asset
    Many thanks!

Follow up question, do I have to modify files using the command line on a synology? I can't find relevant folder using the file station.

Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by simes_pep View Post

Many thanks for this!

Follow up question - Do you know how I can get access to @apphome via file station on a synology? Currently not visible although i've not fully investigated user permissions yet.

Many thanks for this!

Follow up question - Do you know how I can get access to @apphome via file station on a synology? Currently not visible although i've not fully investigated user permissions yet.

Just a quick follow up in case this helps anyone else...

on a synology to mount/bind you need to enable SSH/Telnet and then connect and enter:

sudo mount --bind /volume1/@apphome/Asset/.dBpoweramp/ /volume1/SHAREDFOLDER

replace "SHAREDFOLDER" with the folder you wish to mount/bind to also change volume if folder is on a different volume (e.g. volume2).

copy the new images to here: \uMediaLibrary-r7\AssetUserUpstreamImages

I found "AllTitles.png" to be absent from the collection uploaded to dropbox so i created it myself.

If you wish to revert the bind/mount: sudo umount /volume1/SHAREDFOLDER

HTH

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Synology NAS software. I use Asset on a RPi2 running dietPI, and access using SCP & Putty.
    My NAS units are the ReadyNAS ones (Pro2, Ultra, Duo) and I use the older firmware, as it does what I need it to and is stable.