title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Cant find metadata

Thumbs down Cant find metadata

the Classic meta data used inPerfect Tunes is not particularly "strong"

1 Album by Sony music release in 2006 The Last Night of the PROMS The Ultimate Collection cant be found. but other Freeware software I use don't have issues finding the metadata. " Media Go" , "Music Centre for PC" etc

I have now spent a lot of $Au for this expensive software - hoping it would be the "bees knees" compared to freeware, but I am having occasional trouble with it not finding main stream CD metadata. Not happy obviously. Maybe illustrate should add other main stream metadata providers like "gracenote" !

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Cant find metadata

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoMusic View Post
    I have now spent a lot of $Au for this expensive software - hoping it would be the "bees knees" compared to freeware
    This is why the free trials illustrate offers are useful. One can decide whether the software fits his needs. That said, I haven't noticed any particular problems finding metadata using the ripper except for fairly rare or CDs from small independent labels.

Administrator

Gracenote will not license when they are to be used with other providers, so it would mean dropping 4 providers and going to one only. Not a good solution.

should have bought ez cd audio converter instead ez cd metadata editor is much neater
    than perfecttunes in my opinion

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
    should have bought ez cd audio converter instead ez cd metadata editor is much neater
    than perfecttunes in my opinion
    Huh? The programs you refer to don't even have the same purpose as PerfectTunes. I think you're confused. What exactly are you trying to do? Rip CDs? Edit Metadata? or ???? If you want to rip and convert, then you need Illustrate's dboweramp program, not PerfectTunes.