title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Splitting 2-on-1 cds

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spanky1
    • Dec 2017

Splitting 2-on-1 cds

My collection has several 2lps-on-1 cd titles. I would like to keep the original cd, but I'd also like to split the individual albums onto their original title. For example, I have the Jerry Lee Lewis Bear Family title The Greatest Live Shows On Earth. This was made up of the 1964 Greatest Live Show on Earth lp and the 1966 By Request: More of the Greatest Live Show on Earth lp.

What I'd like to end up with is:
    -The Bear Family GREATEST LIVE SHOWS ON EARTH
    and I'd like to create:
    -The 1964 Smash lp THE GREATEST LIVE SHOW ON EARTH
    -The 1966 Smash lp BY REQUEST: MORE OF THE GREATEST LIVE SHOW ON EARTH

I know I can easily get the cover art for the 2 lps. How do I create these? Do I create a folder and copy the songs?

Thanks
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Splitting 2-on-1 cds

Yes, you could rip the original CD e.g. The Bear Family GREATEST LIVE SHOWS ON EARTH. Then, create 2 new folders containing copies of the relevant tracks.

You will also need to edit the tags (album, track number, artwork etc.) in the 2 new folders, to reflect the 2 new albums you want e.g. The 1964 Smash lp THE GREATEST LIVE SHOW ON EARTH and The 1966 Smash lp BY REQUEST: MORE OF THE GREATEST LIVE SHOW ON EARTH.

Comment

• spanky1
      • Dec 2017

Thanks mville. I'm assuming PerfectTUNES is the preferred method for editing.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

perfectunes is not really an editor. Use regular dbpoweramp for editing. You can right click albums and choose "dbpoweramp edit ID tags" or you can use the dbpa batch converter and convert to the "ID TAG Update" utility codec for batch editing.

Comment

Working...

]]>