title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset Update not retaining settings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timster67
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2014

Asset Update not retaining settings

Updating to Asset 6 on my QNAP and I lost my all the settings. Would it be possible for future updates to retain them? Main ones not too much of an issue as I use defaults for most, but the Browse Tree was very personalised.
    Thanks
  • davmurimd
    • Mar 2016

Re: Asset Update not retaining settings

I agree it would good if the settings could be retained when upgrading to Asset 6. However this may be difficult to arrange because of the many changes made to the Browse Tree. I made a screen shot of the Browse Tree before updating, which helped. After a couple of false starts I achieved the same browse configuration as I had for version 5.1 except that of my nine top level search folders (album, genre etc.), seven have white icons on a black background and two have orange backgrounds, as in Asset 5.1. I tried changing the menu icons background color in General Settings to orange, but this had no effect. Not a critical issue, but I would like to learn how the icon colors can be reset.

Comment

• timster67
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2014

Originally posted by davmurimd
      I agree it would good if the settings could be retained when upgrading to Asset 6. However this may be difficult to arrange because of the many changes made to the Browse Tree. I made a screen shot of the Browse Tree before updating, which helped. After a couple of false starts I achieved the same browse configuration as I had for version 5.1 except that of my nine top level search folders (album, genre etc.), seven have white icons on a black background and two have orange backgrounds, as in Asset 5.1. I tried changing the menu icons background color in General Settings to orange, but this had no effect. Not a critical issue, but I would like to learn how the icon colors can be reset.
      I have been told for the Browse Tree, if you use the Plain Text version, you can keep the Raw data as a text file, so after an update you can copy-paste it back in. Assuming the structure doesn't change too much between versions!
      The colour icons issue - sounds like your control point is caching the images, so changes may not be immediately reflected. It may just mean having to restart the control point each time?

Comment

• davmurimd
        • Mar 2016

Originally posted by timster67
        The colour icons issue - sounds like your control point is caching the images, so changes may not be immediately reflected. It may just mean having to restart the control point each time?
        Thank you for the suggesting the control point may be the problem. Restarting had no effect on the icons, but uninstalling/installing solved it. All my icons are a now blue!

Comment

• timster67
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2014

Originally posted by davmurimd
          Thank you for the suggesting the control point may be the problem. Restarting had no effect on the icons, but uninstalling/installing solved it. All my icons are a now blue!
          Sounds like it was caching then. It may have refreshed after a power off too, but glad you got it to work.

Comment

Working...

]]>