title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Wanting to purchase dbPoweramp CD ripper and have some questions

Question Wanting to purchase dbPoweramp CD ripper and have some questions

Hello.

I am thinking about spending some cash on a program for ripping my CD collection, but there is a few thinks I'd like to know.

1. Does dBPoweramp allow to do 100% sure PErfect rips the same way that EAC does (tried to use EAC but the configuration is very hard thing for me). Does it include something like "Test and Copy" in EAC that allows to be sure about CDs that are not i AccurateRip database?

2. Does dBPoweramp allow to rip to wav files or flacs only?

3. Does dBPoweramp allow to rip whole CD as one single track (my hifi setup does not have "gapless" option)

4. Is there some kind of "configuration of dBPoweramp for dummies" guide availible?

5. Does dBpoweramp detect the key features of the drive (accurate stream, cache, C2) like it is in EAC?

Additional question about AccurateRip function. In my collection I have a few pressings of same albums. Does AccurateRip somehow recognize what pressing is being ripped and compares it with right one in the database?

thank You in advance for answering. There may be more questions later :D
    Last edited by ancanar; 01-02-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Administrator

Re: Wanting to purchase dbPoweramp CD ripper and have some questions

See:

https://dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm

Many audio formats are supported, all the popular ones.

There is a cue sheet ripping option, to rip as one file.

See also:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm

dBpoweramp Guru

1. Does dBPoweramp allow to do 100% sure PErfect rips the same way that EAC does (tried to use EAC but the configuration is very hard thing for me). Does it include something like "Test and Copy" in EAC that allows to be sure about CDs that are not i AccurateRip database?

Yes, called the secure mode (ultra secure mode)

2. Does dBPoweramp allow to rip to wav files or flacs only?

wav, flac, alac, aiff, mp3, m4a, and many many more codecs.

3. Does dBPoweramp allow to rip whole CD as one single track (my hifi setup does not have "gapless" option)

yes.

4. Is there some kind of "configuration of dBPoweramp for dummies" guide availible?

yes, plus the forum is very helpful and active for new users

5. Does dBpoweramp detect the key features of the drive (accurate stream, cache, C2) like it is in EAC?

yes.

Additional question about AccurateRip function. In my collection I have a few pressings of same albums. Does AccurateRip somehow recognize what pressing is being ripped and compares it with right one in the database?

Yes. Keep in mind that the developer of AccurateRip is Spoon, the owner and developer of dbpoweramp

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ancanar View Post
    I am thinking about spending some cash on a program for ripping my CD collection, but there is a few thinks I'd like to know.
    Hi ancanar,

My reasons for switching to dBpa from the trial version of EAC were exactly the same as yours!

Paul