title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problems with multuple servers since Windows 10 feature update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Problems with multuple servers since Windows 10 feature update

Hello there,
    I just updated my Windows machine with the latest feature update for Windows 10.
    I'm running asset 6.1 and have been successfully using multiple asset servers since 6.1. I've had asset upnp installed since at least version 5.
    Since the the reboot after the windows update, only one server is now visible. Indeed it is an old server that I thought I'd 'lost' when I updated to version 6.1, at which point I created 3 new servers.
    Any suggestions? I also can't seem to find the folder where the server configuration files are kept - I could attempt to clear them out and start again.
    any help would be much appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Problems with multuple servers since Windows 10 feature update

Try to reconfigure Asset again, does it list the multiple servers on the configuration page? if not try to create again.

Windows can do very strange things during the updates, I have seen it wipe program application data, in your instance it could be restoring an older version of the configuration.

Re: Problems with multuple servers since Windows 10 feature update

Just a thought, if it makes sense. It looks like Asset keeps very separate configuration files for the app running as a service or as a local account. The folder in which settings are stored are at very different locations for each Asset running mode. Could it be that your setup is now running under a different Asset running mode?
    Last edited by PatatiPatata; 12-17-2017 at 08:09 PM.