title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White border

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: White border

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    BTW, why not rip to flac instead of mp3?
    I have approximately 500 - 600 original CD's. I usually play them in the car, or on my home Stereo. I rip at 320k mp3 over FLAC, as the files on my PC are mainly for back-up purposes, and FLAC takes up too much space, for not a great deal of sound quality difference.

That file I re-ripped still has no white border, and still has the Folder.jpg visible.

So it seems it was Groove/WMP hiding it, and putting that horrible large white border on the front of the folder.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 808beats View Post
    I have approximately 500 - 600 original CD's. I usually play them in the car, or on my home Stereo. I rip at 320k mp3 over FLAC, as the files on my PC are mainly for back-up purposes, and FLAC takes up too much space, for not a great deal of sound quality difference.
    What does rip at 320k mp3 over FLAC mean?

Quote Originally Posted by 808beats View Post
    That file I re-ripped still has no white border, and still has the Folder.jpg visible.

So it seems it was Groove/WMP hiding it, and putting that horrible large white border on the front of the folder.
    Correct.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    What does rip at 320k mp3 over FLAC mean?
    I think substituting "instead of" for "over" clears up the sentence. The OP chose MP3 over FLAC.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    I think substituting "instead of" for "over" clears up the sentence. The OP chose MP3 over FLAC.
    Correct.