title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to AUTOMATICALLY add Metadata from the Internet to FLAC files with NO Metadata?

How to AUTOMATICALLY add Metadata from the Internet to FLAC files with NO Metadata?

I have ripped many CDs to .WAV files only (so NO Metadata) then later converted them to FLACs using dBpoweramp Music Converter (so they still don't have any Metadata or art).

Is it possible to automatically add the Metadata to the FLAC files from the Internet the same way as if the CD had originally been ripped to FLAC?

I just purchased PerfectTUNES thinking it did this but if it does, I can't find it. Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How to AUTOMATICALLY add Metadata from the Internet to FLAC files with NO Metadat

Quote Originally Posted by Chip0628 View Post
    Is it possible to automatically add the Metadata to the FLAC files from the Internet the same way as if the CD had originally been ripped to FLAC?
    Currently no, but I believe it may be a feature in future releases.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How to AUTOMATICALLY add Metadata from the Internet to FLAC files with NO Metadat

MusicBrainz has software called Picard which uses "fingerprints" of the audio to identify music and provide tags, if it is in their database. You might want to investigate that.