title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Converting CD that has individual wav or other file types

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Converting CD that has individual wav or other file types

Quote Originally Posted by soongsc View Post
    Yes, it seems like iTunes is ripping them because the names did not change before iTunes was open. It seemed to have changed while I first tried to copy. In the middle of the first attempt to copy. Finder reported the files were not available, then I discovered the changes file names. Second attempt to copy was successful.
    This may not be perfect rip, but seems to be a good option when CDs cannot be ripped by dbpa. Other CDs work the same as well. Jriver seems to rip by normal playing since it is very slow. On the Mac, it seems the fastest.
    However, I like the way dbpa organizes the files after the rip. Much less work to get them organized on a NAS drive.
    This still leaves the question why you can't rip these CDs in CD Ripper. I am able to rip hybrid SACDs no problem, as CD Ripper reads the PCM Red Book audio layer.

dBpoweramp Guru

and you will be missing the important value of dbpa ripping. That is, it does secure rips with potentially accuraterip matches. iTunes does NOT do secure rips. Doesn't mean that most of the itunes rips are not perfect rips (most will be), but you have no way of knowing that from itunes.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    This still leaves the question why you can't rip these CDs in CD Ripper. I am able to rip hybrid SACDs no problem, as CD Ripper reads the PCM Red Book audio layer.
    Normally I can too. But there are some CDs that won’t rip, some of these will get into the reriping mode. Some will just go through the tracks showing error. But if the Mac can get the tracks out into files, I want need something that can get the file names, directories, and ID tags so that it is in line with what dbpa is creating.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    and you will be missing the important value of dbpa ripping. That is, it does secure rips with potentially accuraterip matches. iTunes does NOT do secure rips. Doesn't mean that most of the itunes rips are not perfect rips (most will be), but you have no way of knowing that from itunes.
    Another thing is that the files copied using Finder does not have the ID tag info. So manually adding these along with reorganizing them into consistent directory structure is also a pain.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by soongsc View Post
    Another thing is that the files copied using Finder does not have the ID tag info. So manually adding these along with reorganizing them into consistent directory structure is also a pain.
    Once you manually edit the ID tag info (which you can do by right clicking the album folder and selecting "Edit ID Tags"), you can use ARRANGE AUDIO utility dsp to automatically arrange the files (and create any subdirectories) to match what CD ripper does. Just set the naming string the way you want. To use, you select the files and "convert to" the arrange audio dsp.
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm