title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectTunes and dBpoweramp 16

PerfectTunes and dBpoweramp 16

If I had PerfectTunes would I need dBpoweramp to rip albums?

I have ~3.4 TB of MP3s and .Flac files: Can PerfectTunes manage that quantity(~3900 lossless albums and ~9200 mp3 albums)?

All my music (collected since 1998) is stored of two basic NAS devices one is a Seagate and the other is a WD MyCloud. Will PerfectTunes find the music? Or do I have to map the drives.

All my music is tagged in exactly the same format (the way I want it) and has .m3u playlists - will this all work with PerfectTunes? And remain in the same format?

Finally if PerfectTunes negates the need for dBpoweramp can I use my todays purchase version 16 of dBpoweramp to lessen the cost of PerfectTunes?

I am constantly adding music from CDs found in flea markets and pawn shops so it would be nice to be able to do everything from one program.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: PerfectTunes and dBpoweramp 16

Quote Originally Posted by srenovo View Post
    If I had PerfectTunes would I need dBpoweramp to rip albums?
    Yes. PerfectTUNES does not rip CDs.

I have ~3.4 TB of MP3s and .Flac files: Can PerfectTunes manage that quantity(~3900 lossless albums and ~9200 mp3 albums)?
    Yes. As far as I know, there is no file limit.

All my music (collected since 1998) is stored of two basic NAS devices one is a Seagate and the other is a WD MyCloud. Will PerfectTunes find the music? Or do I have to map the drives.
    Your windows/apple pc running PerfectTUNES, will need to have the correct user access permissions to the network location(s). You can use mapped drives or UNC paths.

All my music is tagged in exactly the same format (the way I want it) and has .m3u playlists - will this all work with PerfectTunes? And remain in the same format?
    What is it you want PerfectTUNES to do? PerfectTUNES does not convert music files to other formats.

Finally if PerfectTunes negates the need for dBpoweramp can I use my todays purchase version 16 of dBpoweramp to lessen the cost of PerfectTunes?
    If you have dBpoweramp Music Converter R16, you can purchase PerfectTUNES with a 25% discount.

I am constantly adding music from CDs found in flea markets and pawn shops so it would be nice to be able to do everything from one program.
    PerfectTUNES does not replace dBpoweramp Music Converter, rather it compliments it.

Re: PerfectTunes and dBpoweramp 16

I think I had the wrong idea about PerfectTunes

I was thinking it was in part a database.

While I have both MP3s and Flac files they are stored separately - Few to none of my album folders contains any duplicates but that might be a nice feature.

I use and have used dBpoweramp to rip my music for years and so most of my rips have been found to be accurate. I have used Tag and Rename for metadata and finding album art.

I see a few other features that might be useful.

So the next question is what sort of computing power is necessary to make this program function fairly quickly? Or as with most things in the hardware world it is all really about the speed of ones storage devices. 4TB solid state storage devices are currently priced very high.