title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: WAVELIST- Tag in new version ofdBpoweramp

WAVELIST- Tag in new version ofdBpoweramp

With the latest version of dbPoweramp any WAV LIST tags are replaced with a new tag with a prefix of WAVELIST- before the field. This is causing HUGE problems for programs that would read the original LIST tag. When using the Edit Shell it doesn't even allow the original LIST tag to be updated... just creates this new tag . Please revert to the original functionality or allow the LIST tags to be properly edited and updated. PLEASE this is a very big deal to anyone that uses your product for tagging in the broadcast world!

Administrator

Re: WAVELIST- Tag in new version ofdBpoweramp

Please upload two of your wave files (before and after) to dropbox and Personal Message me the link.

Will do... not sure if that will help as it appears to be a problem with compatibility between dbPower and other programs that read or write the same LIST tags. For example: My WAV file has a LIST tag IALB. dbPower displays it as WAVELIST-IALB when I right click the file and choose edit. (power shell) If I edit that tag in the same mode of dbPower and click OK the changes will not show in any other program that reads that LIST tag. I.E. BSI Info Edit www.bsiusa.com or other popular radio automation programs that use WAV LIST tags. Earlier versions of dbPower would display the LIST tag as written.

Administrator

This is a new feature of dBpoweramp, previously those non-standard tags would be ignored, that is not transferred to another wave file if converting Wave >> Wave. The ID Tag edit would not show them either.

The new version shows they are not known by pre-pending 'WAVELIST-' to the tag name, so it can be seen, edited, deleted and preserved. Internally it is not stored as 'WAVELIST'

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    This is a new feature of dBpoweramp, previously those non-standard tags would be ignored, that is not transferred to another wave file if converting Wave >> Wave. The ID Tag edit would not show them either.

The new version shows they are not known by pre-pending 'WAVELIST-' to the tag name, so it can be seen, edited, deleted and preserved. Internally it is not stored as 'WAVELIST'
    Why not just let them be as the custom LIST tags they are. In the world of broadcast automation they all have their own naming convention. Intervening with prepending WAVELIST just confuses the issue.

Administrator

It enables the tag to be re-written by the wave encoder. We cannot detect any 4 character tag and assume it is a custom LIST tag and write that, this would create more complaints.

There should be no downsides in what we are doing, if you not want those tags to be transferred, they can be deleted with ID Tag Processing DSP, if you want them, they will be preserved Wave >> Wave, whereas previously they were not. If you were converting say Wave >> Ogg and you wanted the tag 'IALB' written, you can use ID Tag Processing and map WAVELIST-IALB to IALB.

All other appearances of 'WAVELIST-' are just internal to dBpoweramp, and are just a representation of a unknown tag value.

All other appearances of 'WAVELIST-' are just internal to dBpoweramp, and are just a representation of a unknown tag value.
    So I understand the WAVELIST is internal to dbPower and is not actually written to the WAV file. Is it possible then to remap the WAVELIST-IALB to IALb in a WAV to WAV transfer?

Administrator

It is not written to the file with a Wave to Wave conversion, no need to remap the ID Tag.

It is not written to the file with a Wave to Wave conversion, no need to remap the ID Tag.
    My hope is to be able to remap LIST tags across WAV files for broadcast use. I can supply a list of LIST tags that are used by most broadcast users for metadata. The TM Studios "T" tag seems to work for everybody. Examples: tlab (album) tint (Song Intro) tend (song end-seque point) tyr (Year) tart (artist) tttl (Song name) This works for 99% of the people that need to tag these files and have them properly import into the major radio automation systems: iMedia Touch, Audio Vault, RCS etc. If you were to support these you could tap into all the broadcasters out there.

Administrator

You can remap, if dBpoweramp reads the value as Album, you would remap to WAVELIST-tlab

You can remap, if dBpoweramp reads the value as Album, you would remap to WAVELIST-tlab
    Can you remap and write the LIST tag as tlab?

Administrator

Yes if you do as I said in the post before.