title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp R16.3 & FLAC 1.3.2

dBpoweramp Guru

dBpoweramp R16.3 & FLAC 1.3.2

Regarding:
    The under libraries for FLAC 1.3.2 contain code which will not run on all CPU types, is there a list of the CPU types affected?

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp R16.3 & FLAC 1.3.2

I am not aware of such a list.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Regarding:
    The under libraries for FLAC 1.3.2 contain code which will not run on all CPU types, is there a list of the CPU types affected?
    I too not aware for such code, can you provide more information about that?

Hello, Mr. Spoon!
    I write here, because I can't write in this topic - https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...amp-FLAC-1-3-2
    I love your software and I'm glad to see R16.3, but I was embarrassed, when trying to convert my audio CD's directly to FLAC format, like I do successfully with past releases of dBpoweramp. So, for now, I am forced to use another CD ripping software - foobar2000, the newest version - v1.3.17, and there, the CD ripping process runs smoothly and error free, without 0 KB FLAC files or small KB only ID tags FLAC's. foobar2000 need flac.exe to be downloaded separately for CD ripping, and I downloaded it from FLAC creators website - https://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/xiph/rele...-1.3.2-win.zip, and ripping was successful.

I check the forum and understand that other users have that problem also. The problem is in the new FLAC version(1.3.2) but if the problem is in the FLAC version, why foobar2000 doesn't give me 0 KB .FLAC with latest FLAC version - 1.3.2 but dBpoweramp CD Ripper does? I check libFLAC in the dBpoweramp R16.3 "Program Files" folder, and found that your libFLAC version has been modified/coded specially for dBpoweramp, have digital signature also, so maybe the problem lies in the coding/api/dll, not in the FLAC 1.3.2 itself? There is workaround of the problem - to use the previous release of the dBpoweramp - R16.2 but this is step backward and we can not take advantage of the new one FLAC version - 1.3.2. I believe you will find the root of the problem Mr. Spoon, and we will be able to use the new FLAC.

mville, can you provide more info about the code which will not run on all CPU, from where the origin for this information?

I love dBpoweramp, and I'm glad to see R16.3, but I was embarrassed, when trying to convert my audio CD's directly to FLAC format, like I do successfully with past releases of dBpoweramp. So, for now, I am forced to use another CD ripping software - foobar2000, the newest version - v1.3.17, and there, the CD ripping process runs smoothly and error free, without 0 KB FLAC files or small KB only ID tags FLAC's. foobar2000 need flac.exe to be downloaded separately for CD ripping, and I downloaded it from FLAC creators website - https://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/xiph/rele...-1.3.2-win.zip, and ripping was successful.

I check the forum and understand that other users have that problem also. The problem is in the new FLAC version(1.3.2) but if the problem is in the FLAC version, why foobar2000 doesn't give me 0 KB .FLAC with latest FLAC version - 1.3.2 but dBpoweramp CD Ripper does? I check libFLAC in the dBpoweramp R16.3 "Program Files" folder, and found that libFLAC version has been modified/coded specially for dBpoweramp, have digital signature also, so maybe the problem lies in the coding/api/dll, not in the FLAC 1.3.2 itself? There is workaround of the problem - to use the previous release of the dBpoweramp - R16.2 but this is step backward and we can not take advantage of the new one FLAC version - 1.3.2. I believe you will find the root of the problem Mr. Spoon, and we will be able to use the new FLAC(1.3.2) soon.

Administrator

Compression levels 0 to 3 still work for everyone.

We are not doing low level work to correct this, because the issue was corrected around 8 months ago, it is just the FLAC team have not released 1.3.3 yet.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Piko100 View Post
    mville, can you provide more info about the code which will not run on all CPU, from where the origin for this information?
    No, I can't. I read the info here: dBpoweramp R16.3 & FLAC 1.3.2

Hello, guys!
    I have a problem with converting FLAC to AAC using CLI encoder in R16.3. No matter which encoder is used - qaac (qaac64) or neroenc - I get the same message: Error converting to CLI encoder... Unable to tag file. In the end I get a zero bytes file. If "db Write ID tags" is unchecked everything finishes silently without an error but the same zero bytes file as the result. I spend my second evening trying different ways to solve this puzzle but I'm done by now. Please, help!!

I use the latest 2.64 version of qaac (QAAC (QuickTime AAC/ALAC Encoder) v2.64 portable (CoreAudioToolbox v7.10.9.0) x86/x64)
    https://audiophilesoft.ru/load/coder.../qaac/7-1-0-50
    The settings are as follows:
    [infile] -s -V 127 -q 2 --no-optimize --ignorelength -o [outfile] -
    for neroenc: -q 0.85 -if [infile] -of [outfile]
    Pass wave header, Highest quality decoded source are checked.

I found some info on the help page:
    "dB Write ID Tags gives dBpoweramp the chance to write ID Tags, dBpoweramp would require the correct decoder installed which is able to write tags."
    "Important: In order to pass short pathnames dBpoweramp must first create the final filename (it is zero bytes), many CLI encoders will sit and wait asking to overwrite the output file, the force overwrite (specific to the CLI encoder) must set on the command line".

I don't know which decoder I should additionally install for dB being able to read and write tags, BUT foobar2000 works perfectly with those settings above for qaac.
    Still I love dB and wish to continue using it. Other aac codecs like m4a FDK work perfectly fine and have no problems with tagging, but qaac gives better quality at TrueVBR 127 so I prefer CLI.

Thanks in advance! This thread is my only hope...

Administrator

Try putting [infile] and [outfile] in quotes:

"[infile]" "[outfile]"

Thank you, Spoon, for quick answer, but quotes didn't give any effect - same error. Any ideas?..

Administrator

Sorry no.