title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

From 16.3 change log: ID Tag: Option to disable predictive typing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dghan
    • Feb 2007

From 16.3 change log: ID Tag: Option to disable predictive typing

Where is this option? I cannot find it in Edit ID-Tag or in Configure dBpoweramp.
  • Jailhouse
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2016

Re: From 16.3 change log: ID Tag: Option to disable predictive typing

In Configure dBpoweramp, click on the Advanced Settings button next to Configuration to bring up the "dBpoweramp: Advanced" dialog. About halfway down, you'll see Enable Tag Edit Predictive Typing.

Comment

• dghan
      • Feb 2007

I've looked there many times and just looked again. My dialog box doesn't have an entry for Enable Tag Edit Predictive Typing. I'm using the 64-bit version of dBpoweramp with the 64-bit version of Windows 10 that has the latest fall update on two PCs and both have the same problem. I also checked Process Explorer to make sure I'm launching the correct version of Configure and it is 16.3. I have no other versions of dBpoweramp installed, but checked anyway in case the update from 16.2 to 16.3 failed in some way.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dghan
        I've looked there many times and just looked again. My dialog box doesn't have an entry for Enable Tag Edit Predictive Typing. I'm using the 64-bit version of dBpoweramp with the 64-bit version of Windows 10 that has the latest fall update on two PCs and both have the same problem.
        In the main dBpoweramp Control Center window (top left), the version is displayed. What version is displayed for you?

Comment

• dghan
          • Feb 2007

16.3 [64-bit]

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

16.3 [64-bit]
            So, click the Advanced Settings button to open the dBpoweramp: Advanced window. Scroll down to the dBpoweramp Reference section. The first 2 options are Enable Tag Edit Predictive Typing and Enable Profiles in Converter:

Do you have these options?
            Last edited by mville; 11-24-2017, 06:46 PM. Reason: added question

Comment

• dghan
              • Feb 2007

This is how my two installations look:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	293758

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

This is how my two installations look:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1884[/ATTACH]
                This is for registered version installations and not trial versions?

Comment

• dghan
                  • Feb 2007

I have a registered version.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

The option is a dBpoweramp Reference option, if you have the 'Power Pack' it would not show.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dghan
                      • Feb 2007

Is there still a way to turn off predictive typing through the Registry or another means? When it activates, it doesn't get out of the way if I type my own data in a field and the list blocks moving to another field.

I looked at my original receipt and I do have the Power Pack version. I see nothing on the dBpoweramp website about this version, just Reference and Professional. How is Power Pack different from the Reference version?
                      Last edited by dghan; 11-25-2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

The power pack version was discontinued over 8 years ago (but is still supported).
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dghan
                          • Feb 2007

It appears all I'm missing by having the Power Pack version is PerfectMeta and the options in Configure we've been discussing. All the other features listed for the Reference version work for me.

Comment

Working...

]]>