title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album art not transferred when resorting into new directory structure

Album art not transferred when resorting into new directory structure

When I ripped my cd collection, I used what appeared to be the default naming layout of Album Artist\Album\TrackNum Artist - Title

That gave me headaches as I have quite a number of compilation artists and I should have made sure Album Artist was set to a common name, because when it wasn't, it defaulted to Track Artist which meant everything got fragmented. Not only that, there seems lots of Album Art was missing, so I went back and found and uploaded art for almost all directories (except one).

All art now comes up, but single albums represented numerous times.

I duplicated (back-uped) the entire directory structure and then used Arrange Audio to copy into a new directory structure based on Album\TrackNum Artist - Title which seem to have fixed the fracturing, but it did not copy the folder.jpg files to the new directory structure.

But ... the Missing Art program says all the art is available under the new structure, and foobar seems to show the correct art, although it does not seem to be in the new directories.

Any ideas? does it keep a cache of it, or does it go back and look in old directories?

Administrator

Re: Album art not transferred when resorting into new directory structure

Art will be embedded in the audio tracks also.

The Arrange audio utility codec has a check box 'Arrange External Album Art' if this is checked then folder.jpg would come across also.