title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The 49 Year Old Virgin!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: The 49 Year Old Virgin!

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    For some weird reason I keep getting the whole website in French, and then having to use Google-Translate (which may not always be accurate). But your link (thanks) showed all of the text perfectly fine.
    There is a button on the bottom-left of the Qobuz main page that shows the language in use. Click on it for the full list of supported languages.

I searched for "Qobuz file formats" on Google and found the English-language (i.e., United Kingdom) page I linked to. Oddly enough, the site is not supposed to be available to US citizens, as I found out by loading the French main page. Looks like I found an unlocked side door! I'd probably have a bit of trouble trying to order something, though.
    Last edited by Jailhouse; 12-19-2017 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Missing word

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi,

I received a reply from Qobuz this afternoon regarding selecting the desired format:

When you buy a music with Qobuz you choose CD quality or Hiores (if available).
    When you'll download it you have choice between different formats.
    Cheers.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    There is a button on the bottom-left of the Qobuz main page that shows the language in use. Click on it for the full list of supported languages.

I searched for "Qobuz file formats" on Google and found the English-language (i.e., United Kingdom) page I linked to. Oddly enough, the site is not supposed to be available to US citizens, as I found out by loading the French main page. Looks like I found an unlocked side door! I'd probably have a bit of trouble trying to order something, though.
    JH,

Thanks for checking that out; that's helpful to know.

Obviously the company is French (as I was landing on their default language pages).

The US option is certainly a quirk!

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Europe is Qobuz's main market. Teh headquarter is located in France, Paris, if I remember right.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Europe is Qobuz's main market. Teh headquarter is located in France, Paris, if I remember right.
    Cheers Dat Ei,

Yes, I think so. I have just been reading some customer reviews etc.

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

... Qobuz d/l page format options:

Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 12-20-2017 at 09:20 AM. Reason: LINK

dBpoweramp Guru

In my limited experience, format options are usually displayed on the download page. It makes sense as they would just add clutter to all the product pages and make site maintenance more difficult.

dBpoweramp Guru

In my limited experience, format options are usually displayed on the download page. It makes sense as they would just add clutter to all the product pages and make site maintenance more difficult.
    Hi JH,

But are you able therefore to d/l the album in multiple formats? Or would you have to re-purchase the file again in another format (if you desired it in, say, WAV and FLAC)? I would be surprised if this was the case.

I only require FLAC.

Cheers,

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by evasv View Post
    This leads me to a related topic - how can you verify the source and integrity of downloaded lossless files? Are they usually, or not, accompanied by some sort of documentation? The few I have purchased didn't include anything of the sort, except some vague info in the tags.
    Hi evasv,

Here is a quick reply I just received tonight from Qobuz:

Files come directely from the labels; In Hires and In CD quality.
    Cheers.

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Qobuz offers the files usually in different formats: lossy, CD quality and hi res. Formats with a higher quality include those with a lower quality. Among those formats you can choose different codecs (i.e. flac or wav). Maybe you can see my uploads in the meantime.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Maybe you can see my uploads in the meantime.
    Dat Ei,

It's a shame your images are still not showing. I reported this yesterday.

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

But are you able therefore to d/l the album in multiple formats? Or would you have to re-purchase the file again in another format (if you desired it in, say, WAV and FLAC)? I would be surprised if this was the case.

I only require FLAC.
    I've never tried to download more than one format, so I have no idea. But if you needed both WAV and FLAC, it would be easy to buy one and use Music Converter to transcode it to the other.

dBpoweramp Guru

I've never tried to download more than one format, so I have no idea. But if you needed both WAV and FLAC, it would be easy to buy one and use Music Converter to transcode it to the other.
    Hi JH,

Oh yes; of course. I see.

Cheers,

Paul

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi evasv,

Here is a quick reply I just received tonight from Qobuz:

Files come directely from the labels; In Hires and In CD quality.
    Cheers.

Paul

Thanks for the info. If this is true for all Qobuz downloads, and if crc check for the FLACs are ok, I guess for CD quality, it would be as safe or even better than a physical CD.

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: The 49 Year Old Virgin!

Quote Originally Posted by evasv View Post
    Thanks for the info. If this is true for all Qobuz downloads, and if crc check for the FLACs are ok, I guess for CD quality, it would be as safe or even better than a physical CD.
    Hi evasv,

After purchasing and d/l an album (ie. from Qobuz), then would I just use 'I.D. Tag' to create the tags on each track? Or do I still have to run the FLACS thru 'dBpa', please?

I ask because I have literally never purchased a music d/l before, and also have only ripped from a hard-copy CD.

Cheers.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 12-21-2017 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling