title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The 49 Year Old Virgin!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: The 49 Year Old Virgin!

The d/l files from qobuz are tagged already, but not in a way that most dBpa users would like. The same is true for the filenames. To make a long story short - there is a little work to be done to get the tags and file names the way you like.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: The 49 Year Old Virgin!

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    The d/l files from qobuz are tagged already, but not in a way that most dBpa users would like. The same is true for the filenames. To make a long story short - there is a little work to be done to get the tags and file names the way you like.
    Thanks Dat Ei,

So it might just be a case of adding any fields you feel are required (such as 'Producer' or 'Conductor')?

Do you find the artwork to be suffice?

With a boxset, are the tracks/CDs saved as: 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 (in the same way that we - on here - save them)? So that you can play an entire boxset all the way through with no breaks.

What about the DSP 'Replay Gain'? Does this need to be applied post d/l?

Much appreciated,

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

An album art with with a resolution of 600px * 600px is usually embeded. Aside of that there is a high res album art which you can download separately. Usually I substitute the low res with the high res album art.

The track and disc number tagging is ok. I rename the files so that these correspond to my naming sheme which i use in dBpa - no problem with mp3tag.

If you like to have "Replay Gain" you have to use Batch Converter, what is no big deal at all.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    An album art with with a resolution of 600px * 600px is usually embeded. Aside of that there is a high res album art which you can download separately. Usually I substitute the low res with the high res album art.

The track and disc number tagging is ok. I rename the files so that these correspond to my naming sheme which i use in dBpa - no problem with mp3tag.

If you like to have "Replay Gain" you have to use Batch Converter, what is no big deal at all.
    Dat Ei,

OK, thanks a lot.

I am buying the boxset fLAC with my Xmas money, so it will be next week.

Paul

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Hi evasv,

After purchasing and d/l an album (ie. from Qobuz), then would I just use 'I.D. Tag' to create the tags on each track? Or do I still have to run the FLACS thru 'dBpa', please?

I ask because I have literally never purchased a music d/l before, and also have only ripped from a hard-copy CD.

Cheers.
    Hi Paul,

Sorry for the late reply but by now your questions have already been answered by Dat Ei, I hope.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by evasv View Post
    Sorry for the late reply but by now your questions have already been answered by Dat Ei, I hope.
    Cheers Evasv.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Dat Ei,

The "Miles On The Corner Complete" boxset d/l from Qobuz was pre-tagged as:

Each disc had a completed 'Copyright' field and also a 'Description'; both of which I deleted.

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 12-27-2017 at 09:22 AM. Reason: LINK

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: The 49 Year Old Virgin!

Hi,

Now that I have d/l and re-tagged the newly purchased "Miles On The Corner" FLAC from Qobuz, I have a question regarding 'Replay Gain', please.

Obviously the CD does not have 'Replay Gain' applied at the moment, but I would like to add it. I am not sure if everything is set correctly within 'Batch Conversion'?:

There are two fields: 'Replay Gain' and 'Track & Album Gain.

Many thanks,

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Hi,

Now that I have d/l and re-tagged the newly purchased "Miles On The Corner" FLAC from Qobuz, I have a question regarding 'Replay Gain', please.

Obviously the CD does not have 'Replay Gain' applied at the moment, but I would like to add it. I am not sure if everything is set correctly within 'Batch Conversion'?:

There are two fields: 'Replay Gain' and 'Track & Album Gain.

Many thanks,

Paul
    yes, your settings are correct.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    yes, your settings are correct.
    Thanks for confirming!