title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

The 49 Year Old Virgin!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: The 49 Year Old Virgin!

The d/l files from qobuz are tagged already, but not in a way that most dBpa users would like. The same is true for the filenames. To make a long story short - there is a little work to be done to get the tags and file names the way you like.

Dat Ei

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Dat Ei
      The d/l files from qobuz are tagged already, but not in a way that most dBpa users would like. The same is true for the filenames. To make a long story short - there is a little work to be done to get the tags and file names the way you like.
      Thanks Dat Ei,

So it might just be a case of adding any fields you feel are required (such as 'Producer' or 'Conductor')?

Do you find the artwork to be suffice?

With a boxset, are the tracks/CDs saved as: 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 (in the same way that we - on here - save them)? So that you can play an entire boxset all the way through with no breaks.

What about the DSP 'Replay Gain'? Does this need to be applied post d/l?

Much appreciated,

Paul

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

An album art with with a resolution of 600px * 600px is usually embeded. Aside of that there is a high res album art which you can download separately. Usually I substitute the low res with the high res album art.

The track and disc number tagging is ok. I rename the files so that these correspond to my naming sheme which i use in dBpa - no problem with mp3tag.

If you like to have "Replay Gain" you have to use Batch Converter, what is no big deal at all.

Dat Ei

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Dat Ei
          An album art with with a resolution of 600px * 600px is usually embeded. Aside of that there is a high res album art which you can download separately. Usually I substitute the low res with the high res album art.

The track and disc number tagging is ok. I rename the files so that these correspond to my naming sheme which i use in dBpa - no problem with mp3tag.

If you like to have "Replay Gain" you have to use Batch Converter, what is no big deal at all.
          Dat Ei,

OK, thanks a lot.

I am buying the boxset fLAC with my Xmas money, so it will be next week.

Paul

Comment

• evasv
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
            Hi evasv,

After purchasing and d/l an album (ie. from Qobuz), then would I just use 'I.D. Tag' to create the tags on each track? Or do I still have to run the FLACS thru 'dBpa', please?

I ask because I have literally never purchased a music d/l before, and also have only ripped from a hard-copy CD.

Cheers.
            Hi Paul,

Sorry for the late reply but by now your questions have already been answered by Dat Ei, I hope.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by evasv
              Sorry for the late reply but by now your questions have already been answered by Dat Ei, I hope.
              Cheers Evasv.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Jul 2017

Hi Dat Ei,

The "Miles On The Corner Complete" boxset d/l from Qobuz was pre-tagged as:

Each disc had a completed 'Copyright' field and also a 'Description'; both of which I deleted.

Paul
                Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 12-27-2017, 03:22 PM. Reason: LINK

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Jul 2017

Hi,

Now that I have d/l and re-tagged the newly purchased "Miles On The Corner" FLAC from Qobuz, I have a question regarding 'Replay Gain', please.

Obviously the CD does not have 'Replay Gain' applied at the moment, but I would like to add it. I am not sure if everything is set correctly within 'Batch Conversion'?:

There are two fields: 'Replay Gain' and 'Track & Album Gain.

Many thanks,

Paul

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
                    Hi,

Now that I have d/l and re-tagged the newly purchased "Miles On The Corner" FLAC from Qobuz, I have a question regarding 'Replay Gain', please.

Obviously the CD does not have 'Replay Gain' applied at the moment, but I would like to add it. I am not sure if everything is set correctly within 'Batch Conversion'?:
                    There are two fields: 'Replay Gain' and 'Track & Album Gain.

Many thanks,

Paul
                    yes, your settings are correct.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by garym
                      yes, your settings are correct.
                      Thanks for confirming!

Comment