title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Problem scanning library

Re: Problem scanning library

My joy was short lived.

After Asset worked correctly for a short time the problem returned. Also Asset restored the settings I had being using prior to uninstalling and rebooting so some of the original installation must remain in place.

Tried reinstalling again but that had no effect on problem.

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes, I feared the issue was not completely resolved.

The fact that you can successfully access the mapped drive in dBpoweramp Music Converter but not in Asset UPnP, implies there is some sort of issue with the Asset UPnP R6.1 installation on your Windows 10 Pro PC.

I have done all that I can and cannot help any further, as I don't have access to the Asset code. So, I believe this can only be resolved by Spoon/Illustrate.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Yes, I feared the issue was not completely resolved.

The fact that you can successfully access the mapped drive in dBpoweramp Music Converter but not in Asset UPnP, implies there is some sort of issue with the Asset UPnP R6.1 installation on your Windows 10 Pro PC.

I have done all that I can and cannot help any further, as I don't have access to the Asset code. So, I believe this can only be resolved by Spoon/Illustrate.
    Thanks, mville

I note that there is a second Order Number for Asset UPnP Premium R6.1. Have installed this and it appears to work OK. Will report back on progress in day or so.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Newton John View Post
    I note that there is a second Order Number for Asset UPnP Premium R6.1. Have installed this and it appears to work OK. Will report back on progress in day or so.
    Are you saying you have been running the 30 day trial edition of Asset?

Are you saying you have been running the 30 day trial edition of Asset?
    No. It is Premium Registered. I just seem to have two order numbers for 6.1 available to download. I was still running version 5 when the problem occurred and upgraded to version 6.1 to see if it sorted my problem.

Asset seems to be still working OK since I reinstalled again yesterday.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Newton John View Post
    No. It is Premium Registered. I just seem to have two order numbers for 6.1 available to download. I was still running version 5 when the problem occurred and upgraded to version 6.1 to see if it sorted my problem.

Asset seems to be still working OK since I reinstalled again yesterday.
    ... and you can now see the mapped drive Z: in the Asset UPnP Release 6.1, Premium Registered version?

... and you can now see the mapped drive Z: in the Asset UPnP Release 6.1, Premium Registered version?
    No. I can't see the Z: drive but it appears to work fine in all other respects.

I have exactly the same issue on a Raspberry PI3 with asset 5.1.1. It says 14540 songs and 0 albums. So I removed the bin directory, the asset directory and reinstalled it following the manual on the forum, no succes, forced full scanning, no succes, sudo reboot etc.... In the end I installed the Beta R6 and that did work, however it sees 1080 albums and in 5.1.1. it was 1245, Is release 6 different with scanning for albums?
    I have a premium registered version of 5.1.1, so I hope someone can help me out here.
    Many thx

One further point. I have tried installing Asset on another machine. I find there is exactly the same issue as occured on the first PC of the mapped Z: drive not being visible in Asset.