title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem scanning library

Administrator

Re: Problem scanning library

Asset elevates when running the configuration program, ensure your normal user account has 'Administrator' access rights (Control Panel >> User Accounts 'change your account type).

Then try to add the Z:\

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    I realise this, hence my post no. 12.

It is odd though, that you seem unable to answer the questions in post no. 12?
    Sorry, I thought I had made it clear.

Yes, the mapped drive: \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac) appears as Z: in File Explorer >> This PC >> Network locations

In Asset UPnP Configuration >> Edit Advanced Settings >> Audio Library >> Click the Add Folder button what happens if you select the mapped drive in File Explorer >> This PC >> Network locations >> your name (\\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac) as (Z)? That is what I was trying to explain - you can select it as \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac but not as Z. I can not see Z in Audio Library box.
    Last edited by Newton John; 11-21-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Asset elevates when running the configuration program, ensure your normal user account has 'Administrator' access rights (Control Panel >> User Accounts 'change your account type).

Then try to add the Z:\
    Yes, I do have Adminstrator rights in control panel user settings.

Have also tried remapping Z: just to make sure.
    Last edited by Newton John; 11-21-2017 at 09:15 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Newton John View Post
    Yes, the mapped drive: \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac) appears as Z: in File Explorer >> This PC >> Network locations

In Asset UPnP Configuration >> Edit Advanced Settings >> Audio Library >> Click the Add Folder button what happens if you select the mapped drive in File Explorer >> This PC >> Network locations >> your name (\\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac) as (Z)? That is what I was trying to explain - you can select it as \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac but not as Z. I can not see Z in Audio Library box.
    In Asset UPnP Configuration >> Edit Advanced Settings >> Audio Library, remove existing folder.

In Asset UPnP Configuration >> Edit Advanced Settings >> Audio Library, click the Add Folder button.
    The Asset UPnP: Select Folder Containing Audio Library window should open.

Navigate to and select the Z: mapped drive.

In Asset UPnP Configuration, click the Refresh All button.

In Asset UPnP Configuration >> Edit Advanced Settings >> Audio Library, remove existing folder.

In Asset UPnP Configuration >> Edit Advanced Settings >> Audio Library, click the Add Folder button.
    The Asset UPnP: Select Folder Containing Audio Library window should open.

Navigate to and select the Z: mapped drive.

In Asset UPnP Configuration, click the Refresh All button.
    Many thanks, mville.

I appreciate your kindness in trying to help me but I have already done that.

Excepting that, as I say, Z: is not visible in the Select Folder. I have to select the whole path of \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac as shown on screenshot in post no. 19.
    Last edited by Newton John; 11-21-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Untitled-2.jpg

Here is another screen shot so you can see exactly what I mean.

You can see Z: on the right in This PC but not on the left in Select Folder for Audio Library.

dBpoweramp Guru

as I say, Z: is not visible in the Select Folder. I have to select the whole path of \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac as shown on screenshot in post no. 19.
    How are you selecting the whole path \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac? I do not see it in your screenshot.

If a mapped drive is showing in File Explorer it WILL be visible, as a mapped drive, in the Select Folder window, or at least it is on my Windows 10 Pro PC 64-bit.

I can see the mapped drive in your screenshot (flac (\\NAS-01-98-10\media\music) (Z: )). When you click Add Folder you should be able to select it. I don't understand why you can't.

I have just tested this on my Windows 10 Pro PC with Asset 6.1 and a mapped drive Q: is visible and I can select it. It appears in Audio Library as Q:\ and not as you suggest, as a UNC path.

If this is NOT working for you, something is not setup correctly. Maybe Spoon can advise, as I am out of ideas.

Are you running Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Home?
    Last edited by mville; 11-21-2017 at 01:42 PM.

How are you selecting the whole path \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac? I do not see it in your screenshot.

If a mapped drive is showing in File Explorer it WILL be visible, as a mapped drive, in the Select Folder window, or at least it is on my Windows 10 Pro PC 64-bit.

I can see the mapped drive in your screenshot (flac (\\NAS-01-98-10\media\music) (Z: )). When you click Add Folder you should be able to select it. I don't understand why you can't.

I have just tested this on my Windows 10 Pro PC with Asset 6.1 and a mapped drive Q: is visible and I can select it. It appears in Audio Library as Q:\ and not as you suggest, as a UNC path.

If this is NOT working for you, something is not setup correctly. Maybe Spoon can advise, as I am out of ideas.

Are you running Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Home?
    If you look at the first screenshot you will see the whole path selected. The second screenshot shows the process of attempting to find the path. As you can see Z: just does not appear in Select Folder even though it is clearly mapped. I am using Windows Pro.

dBpoweramp Guru

If you look at the first screenshot you will see the whole path selected.
    The question was not, what does the UNC path look like in Asset UPnP Configuration, rather:
    How are you selecting the whole path \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac?, if it is NOT showing in File Explorer.

The second screenshot shows the process of attempting to find the path. As you can see Z: just does not appear in Select Folder even though it is clearly mapped. I am using Windows Pro.
    Yes, I see that and it makes no sense to me, that is why I stated:
    Maybe Spoon can advise, as I am out of ideas.

I'll post if I can work out what is going wrong here.

dBpoweramp Guru

Untitled-2.jpg

Here is another screen shot so you can see exactly what I mean.

You can see Z: on the right in This PC but not on the left in Select Folder for Audio Library.
    One last thing, can you post a screenshot of just This PC in File Explorer, showing the Naviagation Pane and the main File Explorer pane (right hand pane) which shows Folders, Devices and drives and Network locations?

The question was not, what does the UNC path look like in Asset UPnP Configuration, rather:
    How are you selecting the whole path \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac?, if it is NOT showing in File Explorer.
    Sorry if I did not explain that very well. I am clicking on the following in turn:

1. Add Folder (in Audio Library)
    2. Network
    3. NAS-01-98-10
    4. Media
    5. Music
    6. Flac

I believe I should be able to click on just Z to achieve this. Furthermore, and the software ought to recognise the sequence as Z. Is that correct?
    Last edited by Newton John; 11-21-2017 at 05:00 PM.

One last thing, can you post a screenshot of just This PC in File Explorer, showing the Naviagation Pane and the main File Explorer pane (right hand pane) which shows Folders, Devices and drives and Network locations?
    Untitled-3.jpg

It shows the Network location for flac (i.e. Z) that doesn't appear in Audio Library Select Folder

dBpoweramp Guru

I believe I should be able to click on just Z to achieve this. Furthermore, and the software ought to recognise the sequence as Z. Is that correct?
    Yes, that is correct. In Asset UPnP Configuration, what version is showing?

Yes, that is correct. In Asset UPnP Configuration, what version is showing?
    Version 6.1