title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem scanning library

Problem scanning library

Hi

A problem has developed after successfully using Asset UPnP for time.

Asset scaned some 22,000 flac files on my NAS but didn’t see any albums. Therefore, no albums or tracks appear in Kazoo.

I’ve tried rebooting everything to no avail. Also, discovered I was not using the latest version of Asset so have tried upgrading to 6.1. Now I find that scanning does not see any files at all. Status: Scanning Library... but no 500, 1,000, 1,500, etc. coming up.

The network path to my flac files is mapped as Z: - Asset does not see Z: at all but I can set the Audio Library to \\NAS-01-98-10\media\music where the flac files are in a sub folder called flac with sub folders A, B, C, D etc. contain the artists folders alphabetically. This all worked fine before.

I can see and tag flac files on NAS fine using windows 10.

Are you able to identify a solution to my problem? Many thanks. Regards, John

Administrator

Re: Problem scanning library

Set Asset to run under the local account, if running as a network service account it will not have access rights to access the share.

Thanks, Spoon. It is set as Local Account as recommended.

As a work round I have installed Kazoo Server and that appears to work OK.

I notice that Linn Kazoo Server sees path to flac files on NAS as it is mapped to Z: but Asset does not. Asset sees it as the full path \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac. This suggests I might have some setting in Asset wrong.

Is there any other critical setting in Asset that I am missing? Thank you.

dBpoweramp Guru

On what platform/OS is Asset and Kazoo installed?

It's Windows 10

I left it scanning overnight and it managed to get to 1,000 tracks (out of some 22,000)

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Newton John View Post
    It's Windows 10

I left it scanning overnight and it managed to get to 1,000 tracks (out of some 22,000)
    So, Windows 10 (and therefore Asset UPnP), is now able to see the network location
    \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac.

Are your devices connected to the network using ethernet cables or are you using Wi-Fi?

Have you tried the Refresh All option?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    So, Windows 10 (and therefore Asset UPnP), is now able to see the network location
    \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac.

Are your devices connected to the network using ethernet cables or are you using Wi-Fi?

Have you tried the Refresh All option?
    Yes, it can see \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac but not the mapped path of Z:

Yes, all ethernet cable

Yes, tried refresh each time

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes, it can see \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac but not the mapped path of Z:

Yes, all ethernet cable

Yes, tried refresh each time
    Something odd, somewhere. Have you added the \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac to Windows 10 >> This PC >> Network locations, with the correct user credentials? Has your Windows 10 PC recently updated to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update?

FYI, I just tried Refresh All on my Windows 10, Asset R6.1, configured for a cabled network location.
    Scanning Library... Tracks 46000, took 39 minutes.
    Last edited by mville; 11-20-2017 at 02:44 PM. Reason: added another question

Many thanks, mville

It's been a while since I created the network location path \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac as Z: but I would have done it with administrator status. I can't see any Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in the update history.

It seems strange that Kazoo can see the path as Z: but Asset can't.

That was the level of scanning times I had until a couple of days ago. It took 15 min or so to read 22,000 tracks.

It's been scanning for last few hours and only managed 500 tracks so far.

I'm getting by with Linn Kazoo Server for time being.
    Last edited by Newton John; 11-20-2017 at 06:17 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

The mapped drive:
    your name (\\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac) as (Z)
    appears in File Explorer >> This PC >> Network locations?

In Asset UPnP Configuration >> Edit Advanced Settings >> Audio Library >> Click the Add Folder button
    what happens if you select the mapped drive in
    File Explorer >> This PC >> Network locations >> your name (\\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac) as (Z)?

dBpoweramp Guru

That was the level of scanning times I had until a couple of days ago. It took 15 min or so to read 22,000 tracks.

It's been scanning for last few hours and only managed 500 tracks so far.
    I am confused. If Asset cannot see the Z: mapped drive, how come:
    It's been scanning for last few hours and only managed 500 tracks so far?

This implies that Asset can see the mapped drive, but something is slowing down the network scan.

What changes have you made to you PC since the problem developed? Any Windows updates or other software changes, especially anti-virus/security software?
    Last edited by mville; 11-21-2017 at 06:25 AM. Reason: added another question

Sorry, mville. I did not explain that very well.

It does see the path if I set it manually with \\NAS01-98-10\media\music\flac - it just does not see it as i have mapped it drive Z:

Windows 10 has just done the big update overnight.

I have tried disabling Kaspersky Anti Virus and Windows Firewall to no avail. There have been no recent changes here.

The only changes I have made recently was to add some video and photos to other folders in media on the NAS. So I have three folders in Media - Music, Video and Pictures. Music contains a folder called Flac that.is futher divided into A, B, C, etc with all the artist folders sorted alphabetically.
    Last edited by Newton John; 11-21-2017 at 09:04 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

it just does not see it as i have mapped it drive Z:
    I realise this, hence my post no. 12.

It is odd though, that you seem unable to answer the questions in post no. 12?