title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Cover art in the Folders & Filenames browsing view

Cover art in the Folders & Filenames browsing view

Asset 5.1.1 for MacOS had a bug preventing from seeing the files when using the Folders & Filenames browsing that have been fixed in 5.1.2. However, in the same view but not in the other views, I am experiencing a problem with the cover art for folders. When using all other views, I can see all cover art and change art which is immediately exhibited in Kazoo. In the Folders & ... view, some cover art is not exhibited and my changes are not exhibited. It seems like there are cover art embedded somewhere else and that I cannot reach and change with my meta tag editor (Tag), and/or is it another bug in the Folders & Filenames browsing view?

aniara

Administrator

Re: Cover art in the Folders & Filenames browsing view

Try the new R6 beta, in the testing section of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try the new R6 beta, in the testing section of this forum.
    Thanks, Spoon, but this version seems to function as 5.1.1: Folders & Filenames don't display any files at.

Super Moderator

EDITED disregard the previous content, I should not read forums before I've had the right amount of coffee.

Bug being investigated, thanks for reporting.
    Last edited by PeterP; 11-13-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Super Moderator

We currently show album art for folders where "folder.jpg" or "cover.jpg" is present.

If your album art is stored in some other way - such as in file tags - the folders view will currently not pick it as a folder image - even though it will show images for individual tracks.

I'm looking into changing this for upcoming Asset Release 6.

Hi Peter,

I know that but the mystery is that this does not happen in Folders & Filenames view but works well in the other views. Looking forward to the bug fix

aniara

I am using Asset 5.1 and the Naim app. and have encountered a similar issue. I have set up asset so i can browse by genre, composer, conductor, soloists etc. In every cases except one the album art shows in the top level browse view and also in the corresponding album view. The exception is orchestra, which just shows the harp icon and the name of the orchestra in the orchestra view but correctly shows the album art for the individual albums. This is not a big issue, but it is odd that this only happens when browsing by orchestra. Could this also be a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by davmurimd View Post
    I am using Asset 5.1 and the Naim app. and have encountered a similar issue. I have set up asset so i can browse by genre, composer, conductor, soloists etc. In every cases except one the album art shows in the top level browse view and also in the corresponding album view. The exception is orchestra, which just shows the harp icon and the name of the orchestra in the orchestra view but correctly shows the album art for the individual albums. This is not a big issue, but it is odd that this only happens when browsing by orchestra. Could this also be a bug?
    EDIT: I forgot to say that Asset 5.1 is running on a QNAP NAS.

Just by curiosity: Having updated to Asset 6 for MacOS everything has ameliorated compared to described above with a small exception, still in the Folders & File names view: In some instances, no cover art whatsoever is displayed if there is "ö" in the File name, i.e. Karl Böhm, Sven-David Sandström, Götterdämmerung, etc. or "é", i.e. César Franck. When removing these letters everything works fine. A bug in Asset or MacOs?; by the way I have tried the same from my old WHS v1 (Asset 6.1 I think) without any problems.

Super Moderator

Asset R6 problems with certain characters in file names confirmed, thanks for reporting.
    A fixed version will be out shortly.

Super Moderator

New beta version posted: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-for-Mac-Linux
    A bug causing the above has been addressed. More fixes coming soon.