title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Converter Truncates Album And Title Entries

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bbildman
    • May 2007

Batch Converter Truncates Album And Title Entries

For some time I have noticed that many of the longer Albums or Titles ID Tags get truncated - I think when they are somewhat longer than usual.

For instance, this Album titled "Monica Zetterlund - The Lost Tapes at Bell Sound Studios" ends up in the converted versions as "Monica Zetterlund - The Lost T"

Another example::

"Monica Zetterlund and Bill Evans - Waltz For Debby 1964" ends up being "Monica Zetterlund and Bill Eva"

Any help appreciated, is there something I have missed, or is this just the way it will be, thanks.
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Batch Converter Truncates Album And Title Entries

How long is the complete path of those files and paths? What is your naming string?

Dat Ei

Comment

• bbildman
      • May 2007

I put the original folder ("Monica Zetterlund - The Lost Tapes at Bell Sound Studios") in a folder "c:/arctorrent/"

Then used batchconvert to do the conversion to the same named folder in a different directory, "c:/atest/Monica Zetterlund - The Lost Tapes at Bell Sound Studios"

The naming string for the album ID Tag is "Monica Zetterlund - The Lost Tapes at Bell Sound Studios" - but when converted it comes out as "Monica Zetterlund - The Lost T" in the ID Tag

I tried just putting a single song from the album in the C:/directory thinking maybe if eliminate some characters, it might work, but the conversion ID Tag for the album again is truncated.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

What is the file format of your converted audio files?

If you are writing ID3v1 tags to mp3 files, Title and Album tags are limited to 30 characters, see here:
        What is ID3 (v1)?

This seems to be the case, as you describe above. If so, go to:
        Configure dBpoweramp >> Audio Codecs: List / Options >> mp3 ID Tagging

and change the Tag Creation.
        Last edited by mville; 11-12-2017, 03:40 PM. Reason: Added more info

Comment

• bbildman
          • May 2007

Originally posted by mville
          What is the file format of your converted audio files?

If you are writing ID3v1 tags to mp3 files, Title and Album tags are limited to 30 characters, see here:
          What is ID3 (v1)?

This seems to be the case, as you describe above. If so, go to:
          Configure dBpoweramp >> Audio Codecs: List / Options >> mp3 ID Tagging

and change the Tag Creation.
          Wow, you are a GENIUS, that did it...not only did it fix the IT Tag, but it also wrote the file into a directory that is completely name. It also fied my MP* to WMO files.

THANK you

Comment

• bbildman
            • May 2007

While we're "here" could you check out this thread and see if what the final reply to me is totally correct, as to whether I can pad the track number in this format xx/xx, rather that nust x::

Normally I set the track number as xx/xx, after the convert, the track number is left as just x or xx. Is there anyway to make sure during the conversion process, the track number setting I have enabled remains so I don't have to go back and redo the numbers?? Thanks

Comment

• mville
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by bbildman
              While we're "here" could you check out this thread and see if what the final reply to me is totally correct, as to whether I can pad the track number in this format xx/xx, rather that nust x::

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...959*post174959
              The final reply is from Spoon. He wrote the software, so I would trust in what he says.

Comment

• bbildman
                • May 2007

Wow, thanks, I was - as is my custom - looking for a second opinion...and no disrespect was intended.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...

]]>