title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Software not working properly...

Software not working properly...

Hello and thanks in advance for your help...
    Im a licensed user of dbpoweramp and Ive been using it for over a year, has been working perfectly until this day...
    CD Ripper simply is not ripping anymore... results in error or if it was able to read it and rip it, I can't find the track in my HD...
    MSG says: UNABLE TO CREATE OUTPUT FOLDER

Please FIX IT!!!

And no, is not my driver.. I tried a couple already and same error...

Metadata takes forever now...

DBPowerAmp, dont disappoint us now...
    Last edited by djcarmona; 11-06-2017 at 02:32 AM.

Administrator

Re: Software not working properly...

Which platform is dBpoweramp running on? Window or OS X?

Osx... Sierra 10.12.6

Administrator

On the error page is a 'Copy to Clipboard' button, click this button and paste the full error message here so we can examine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    On the error page is a 'Copy to Clipboard' button, click this button and paste the full error message here so we can examine.
    Those errors about renaming must be because apparently software ripped them before but the folder was never created...
    THANKS~

Error converting to AIFF, 'Track 1' to '/Volumes/DJ-CARMONA :: 1T-SSD/* MASTER - CDS/Conjunto Jaguey/Colombia y Quisqueya Se Unen/01 Conjunto Jaguey - Mujer Ajena.aiff'
    Error: Unable to create output folder '/Volumes/DJ-CARMONA :: 1T-SSD/* MASTER - CDS/Conjunto Jaguey/Colombia y Quisqueya Se Unen/'. [dBCoreConverter]
    Error converting to AIFF, 'Track 2' to '/Volumes/DJ-CARMONA :: 1T-SSD/* MASTER - CDS/Conjunto Jaguey/Colombia y Quisqueya Se Unen/02 Conjunto Jaguey - Lamento De Un Campesino.aiff'
    Error: Unable to create output folder '/Volumes/DJ-CARMONA :: 1T-SSD/* MASTER - CDS/Conjunto Jaguey/Colombia y Quisqueya Se Unen/'. [dBCoreConverter]
    Error converting to AIFF, 'Track 3' to '/Volumes/DJ-CARMONA :: 1T-SSD/* MASTER - CDS/Conjunto Jaguey/Colombia y Quisqueya Se Unen/03 Conjunto Jaguey - Maruca.aiff'
    Error converting to AIFF, 'Track 6' to '/Volumes/DJ-CARMONA :: 1T-SSD/* MASTER - CDS/Conjunto Jaguey/Colombia y Quisqueya Se Unen/06 Conjunto Jaguey - No Le Falta Na' (A Cali).aiff'
    Error converting to AIFF, 'Track 5' to '/Volumes/DJ-CARMONA :: 1T-SSD/* MASTER - CDS/Conjunto Jaguey/Colombia y Quisqueya Se Unen/05 Conjunto Jaguey - Pa' Lante.aiff'
    Error converting to AIFF, 'Track 4' to '/Volumes/DJ-CARMONA :: 1T-SSD/* MASTER - CDS/Conjunto Jaguey/Colombia y Quisqueya Se Unen/04 Conjunto Jaguey - Vive y Olvida.aiff'
    Error renaming '/Volumes/DJ-CARMONA :: 1T-SSD/* MASTER - CDS/Conjunto Jaguey/Colombia y Quisqueya Se Unen/04 Conjunto Jaguey - Vive y Olvida._' to '/Volumes/DJ-CARMONA :: 1T-SSD/* MASTER - CDS/Conjunto Jaguey/Colombia y Quisqueya Se Unen/04 Conjunto Jaguey - Vive y Olvida.aiff' (code: 2).
    Error converting to AIFF, 'Track 7' to '/Volumes/DJ-CARMONA :: 1T-SSD/* MASTER - CDS/Conjunto Jaguey/Colombia y Quisqueya Se Unen/07 Conjunto Jaguey - Soy Borden&*771;o.aiff'
    Error renaming '/Volumes/DJ-CARMONA :: 1T-SSD/* MASTER - CDS/Conjunto Jaguey/Colombia y Quisqueya Se Unen/07 Conjunto Jaguey - Soy Borden&*771;o._' to '/Volumes/DJ-CARMONA :: 1T-SSD/* MASTER - CDS/Conjunto Jaguey/Colombia y Quisqueya Se Unen/07 Conjunto Jaguey - Soy Borden&*771;o.aiff' (code: 2).

dBpoweramp Guru

Can you create the folder '/Volumes/DJ-CARMONA :: 1T-SSD/* MASTER - CDS/Conjunto Jaguey/Colombia y Quisqueya Se Unen/' by hand?

Dat Ei

Administrator

: is an illegal character on OS X:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1430177?tstart=0

Quote Originally Posted by dat ei View Post
    can you create the folder '/volumes/dj-carmona :: 1t-ssd/* master - cds/conjunto jaguey/colombia y quisqueya se unen/' by hand?

Dat ei
    yes i tried that before... Didnt work...

But, forgot to mention that I was able to rip only one CD before all this trouble, I mean with exactly same version of the software... thats why it's so confusing, it worked just once and after that it keeps reading "error".

Actually my HD is not set up with :: but // -----I have no idea why the software reads it like ::

dBpoweramp Guru

If you can't create the folder by hand, it is no surprise that dBpa can't create the folder too. I guess (I'm no apple guy) that the "*" in the path is a problem.

Dat Ei

OK an update...

I tried to manually set the path using // and software sends a message "Please Select a Valid Output Folder" that means that I need to click Set and choose another path which I did, only this time Im sending it directly to my Desktop, no funny characters and is working finally... although then I need to transfer from there to my HD... not hard really to do but it should software should have not this problem and work as before with same HD :/ thanks a lot for your help and I hope theres in the future something that could fix this little issue... thanks again!

Super Moderator

I don't think * is a problem - even though using it sounds like asking for trouble if you ever share files with Windows machines.

The colon - ":" - is a very special character on mac OS. It is actually legal under the hood, but Finder presents it as a forward slash - "/" - and won't let you enter it as ":". So every time you see a file or folder with a slash in its name, the actual character in the file system is ":" - it's just Finder presenting it as a slash.
    We could probably make dBpoweramp also show colons as slashes, but this would probably create more issues than it would fix, so I'm not changing this anytime soon.

Anyway, I presume that all of these oddities were already present before when ripping did not fail so I don't think they are a factor, somehow this one CD is special but I'm having hard time understanding why.

Just in case, I've been trying to recreate this issue with varying combinations of exotic characters but with no luck.

What exact kind of drive ( "DJ-CARMONA // 1T-SSD" in your system ) are you ripping to? External or internal? How is it formatted ("Format: ..." in Disk Utility) ?

What exact version of dBpoweramp are you using? R15.8 ? R16.1 ? R16.2 beta?
    Last edited by PeterP; 11-06-2017 at 07:24 AM.

Super Moderator

Follow up-

Posted a new beta version: R16.2 beta 7
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...R16-2-beta-Mac

Made this exact issue give more verbose log output (error code clarifying how it failed to create the folder).

If you can retrigger this bug with the new beta version, please use "save configuration snapshot" feature from dBpoweramp Configuration / Converter tab and email the snapshot file to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis.

Thanks.