title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Sort tags not being written

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sort tags not being written

Hi:

I'm using the OS X verions of dbPoweramp, ripping to FLAC.

What I'm seeing: even though the 'sort artist' and 'sort album artist' tags are populated in the Meta section, they are not being written to the encoded files. They are also checked in the id tag settings. Is there something else I need to do to get these to be saved in the FLAC files?

Thanks.

Doug
    Last edited by dougmon; 11-05-2017 at 09:01 AM. Reason: clarification

Super Moderator

Re: Sort tags not being written

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm afraid that I cannot reproduce the issue.

Indeed the sort tags are not written by default - you have to check them under CD Ripper Options / Meta Data & ID Tag Options - but once you do that, the tags appear to be written just fine, tested ripping an album to FLAC just now and everything went as intended.

If the problem persists, please use go to main dBpoweramp configuration dialog, Converter tab, save a configuration snapshot and email it to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis.

I've tracked down the problem I'm seeing. The sort tags _are_ written, it's just that my player (Logitech Music Server) isn't recognizing them. The two tags I was concerned with are "ARTIST SORT" and "ALBUM ARTIST SORT", and dbPoweramp _is_ writing these tags. Logitech Music Server uses "ARTISTSORT" and "ALBUMARTISTSORT" for as the sort tags; or at least those two tags work with LMS.

Administrator

You can use the DSP effect 'ID Tag Processing' and rename those tags whilst ripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can use the DSP effect 'ID Tag Processing' and rename those tags whilst ripping.
    That worked! Thanks!