title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch Ripper not reading discs

Batch Ripper not reading discs

Hi all
    Batch Ripper only reads discs from one of my drives, while CD Ripper can read from both drives.
    I have setup a new Audio / Video Workstation with the following hardware:
    - ASUS Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen R7 1800X
    - SATA controller set up as RAID
    - Additional ioCrest SI-PEX40062 SATA controller
    - Liteon iHAS124B DVD drive attached to ioCrest controller
    - Pioneer BDR-208M BluRay drive attached to ASUS Mobo controller
    CD Ripper can read and rip from both drives without any issues.
    Batch Ripper reads and rips fine from the iHAS124B drive (on ioCrest controller)
    Batch Ripper does not read from Pioneer drive (on Mobo controller). The CD loads and then Batch Ripper continuously displays "Post-Load Waiting for CD" for this drive.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the issue here? I do not have another free port on the ioCrest controller and I would like to avoid having to add third SATA controller to the system.
    Thanks a lot for any feedback

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Batch Ripper not reading discs

Are you sure, that Batch Ripper isn't meant to work with cd autoloader (only)? AFAIK your drives are usual cd drives (one disc drives).

Dat Ei

Re: Batch Ripper not reading discs

Hi Dat Ei
    Yes I am sure Batch Ripper works with normal DVD drives. I have used it for years on my Intel System with 3 DVD drives. No need for any drivers at all. Just plug and play.
    I have now managed to shuffle around the drives on my current Ryzen System, so that both drives are on the ioCrest PCIe controller and now both drives read and rip without issues.
    I suspect the issue had something to do with one of the drives being connected to a SATA controller configured to run in RAID mode.
    Rudi